Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Variocage L+ or XL in a Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to fit a Variocage Single (L+) or (XL) into the Model Y?

I've seen people easily fit a Single (L) in, where two of the backseats are down, but my dog needs at least an L+ or even XL to be comfortable.

I measured the width of one backseat and the middle seat down at the base being about 23.5".

The height at the lowest point where the hatch opening is, is 25.8" tall, but in the middle it's closer to 28" or more.

Length wise, I could get almost 48" in there, from the back of the front seat, to where you open the floor to get to the under floor storage.

Ideally I want:
1. Length: 42-48"
2. Width: 23.5"
3. Height: 25.8" on the sides, 28" in the middle.

It looks like the L+ and XL may have enough "indent" on the top corners to fit under the 23.5" sides. The XL top screws would be pushing into the headliner, or I would need to modify it to make some holes for them to go through.

The only downer is that the width won't fit between the two seats for the L+ or XL that I can tell. I would have to put all the backseats down, unless I'm missing something.

Unfortunately, nothing that my dog would fit in will fit either a Model Y or a Model X. The biggest you can get is a double medium variocage. That's the only guarantee they will give you (if it doesn't fit they will give you a full refund, otherwise that's not an option).

Hi,

Trying my luck posting in this thread since the subject is already about Variocage Single. We have a Variocage 3G Compact Single L which fits nicely in a Nissan Leaf, and I'm wondering; Does my Variocage fit in to the Model Y?
The dimensions: Debth; 60 - 82 cm, Width; 55 cm and Height 65 cm.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1471.jpeg

Are you sure yours is the Double Large and not the Double Medium?

Mimsafe's website states it will only fit the Medium. Additionally, I have tested my Double L+ (which would be very unlikely to fit, I will need to buy another crate when I get the car) on the test drive and it would not fit the width (which is the same as the normal L).

Could there be different widths for the boot? Do you have a LR, Performance or RWD?