Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used model X cost savings vs future proofing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat. Looking to transition to Model X from Model S.
Have 100D w/EAP - and looking to jump into Model X 100D w/EAP - For the price of 5k on top of trade in.
Would have market value of 65k - how long would this hold value - I am not sure. But 7 seater, EAP Premium package and 20s and I have 22s at home. Think it is worth it, and hope the value don't drop too much - which I feel confident since it is a 100D.

I am in the same boat. Looking to transition to Model X from Model S.
Have 100D w/EAP - and looking to jump into Model X 100D w/EAP - For the price of 5k on top of trade in.
Would have market value of 65k - how long would this hold value - I am not sure. But 7 seater, EAP Premium package and 20s and I have 22s at home. Think it is worth it, and hope the value don't drop too much - which I feel confident since it is a 100D.

I just traded in my 2019 MODS 100D for a Model X Long Range with Tesla. Got 65K for it. I looked around and that was the best offer. Dealers are telling me that Tesla Values are dropping due to low gas prices.

I have been looking for used MX. I wouldn’t go for 2016 as the first year have issues typically. However, the 2017-2018 prices are close to brand new on the Tesla website. May as well buy new but I’m hoping gently used 2016-2017 will save over the $94k Raven new prices I have scoped our with 6 seats.

I have been looking for used MX. I wouldn’t go for 2016 as the first year have issues typically. However, the 2017-2018 prices are close to brand new on the Tesla website. May as well buy new but I’m hoping gently used 2016-2017 will save over the $94k Raven new prices I have scoped our with 6 seats.
I was fortunate enough to snag a 2019 MX dealer demo with low miles that was significantly reduced.

I also think that all 100D Model X has it subzero included in the base version.

. Also all 100D has tow package included..

Not all. I have a September 2017 build of MX 100D and do not have the winter package nor the tow package nor the upgraded stereo. These were later rolled into the PUP (which I do have whatever they considered PUP at the time) and the PUP was even later rolled into the base version. Wish I remember dates of changes, as I did once know them.

Not all. I have a September 2017 build of MX 100D and do not have the winter package nor the tow package nor the upgraded stereo. These were later rolled into the PUP (which I do have whatever they considered PUP at the time) and the PUP was even later rolled into the base version. Wish I remember dates of changes, as I did once know them.

Wow yours must be one of the first ones made. I was shopping for Model X in October 2017 and they were still only selling 90D instead of 100D.

I have a 6/17 x100d. Have tow package but not cold weather, useless in San Diego
I also don’t have pup, but do have high fi radio and real leather. Mine mcu 1 autopilot 2 fsd. Probably will buy mcu2. Hw3 supposed to be free , like upgrade was in my 1/18 model 3

Our 2017 X was a March delivery, in the first batch of 100D's. I changed the order from a 90D to a 100D as soon as the 100D was announced. Ordered in December 2016. Here's the details from the order agreement:

Description Price (USD)
Model X 100D
Not including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit $98,500
All-Wheel Drive Included
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint $1,000
20" Silver Wheels Included
White $3,300 [I think this is really the white seats price]
Ultra White Seats Included
Carbon Fiber Upgrade $250
Front Console Included
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
Six Seat Interior $3,000
High Amperage Charger Upgrade $1,500
Enhanced Autopilot $5,000
Full Self-Driving Capability $3,000
Premium Upgrades Package $4,500
Smart Air Suspension Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Subzero Weather Package $1,000
Towing Package $750
Subtotal $124,300
Destination & Doc Fee $1,200
Referral ($1,000) Total $124,500

With all the options I purchased, the HW3 update (I don't have it yet), and the MCU2 update (again not yet) this car will be very comparable to any pre-Raven X at least. But it's only three years old, so they do get outdated quickly if you want the latest and greatest.

I'd go for a 100D. MCU1/MCU2 or AP2.0/2.5 can all be upgraded if you want, though I wouldn't wait forever in case Tesla decides to stop upgrading. So that's mostly a matter of what path gives you the best price for what you want. For commuting regular EAP is fine unless you take a lot of surface streets. MCU2 is much better (faster, more games), and MCU1's have been failing due to overuse of their memory chips. I'd recommend the upgrade if you end up with an MCU1 car.

Our X is our road trip car. I wouldn't take any other car on a road trip.