Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update or not to Update - FSD killer update coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
installed update and update to fix that update....

My experience so far after driving few hundred KM with both updates....

1. car doesn't stop at roundabouts anymore, least 5 of them it tried to drive over circle.... means not detecting the collision in those instances.
  2. car started going to 4th extreme right overtaking lane when it's suppose to exit motorway in 200mtrs, then it wants to keep slowing down and change lanes... serious risk for everyone...
  3. car isn't showing alternate routes when driving, as promised of mentioned within release notes....
  4. car decides at random times to halve the speed to what it was few seconds before... sets that as new speed limit... not ideal...
  5. not showing any speed cameras or similar indications - I specifically drove around few to check...
  6. only thing works perfectly is fart sounds when locking... even in that case if set to random - it stays stuck at GOAT sound instead of choosing random sounds.

so after all updates in December only positive out of it is car can FART more efficiently... lol. $80K + $11400, fart machine on road... ROFL

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli and eevee-fan
I just finished trip all the way north from Auckland

Battery doing better than before, I liked that part... plus 300KW chargers on motorway is perfect....

everything else went to disaster...
  1. car will enforce first error for autopilot the moment you engage autopilot... some lazy implementation - as this would put autopilot in super alert mode and driver marked as bad driver to start with.
  2. even if holding the steering and nudging, it gives more frequent alerts and most are directly red instead of showing any blue ones.... same driver, driving style, road, speed, area....
  3. after driving on autopilot with hands consistently on my Yoke steering wheel... I still got heaps alerts for no apparent reasons... twice it slow down for nothing near to overtaking lane, so more angry drivers following me.... ultimately it just put me autopilot suspended for rest of the trip....
  4. Once I stopped, put car in park, and start again... driving was bit better on autopilot and less errors...
  5. This was like car simply wanted to focus on putting me on suspension instead of driving better....
  6. car was crossing white broken line and twice yellow lines when around the turn area.... never seen before, never happened before, on same road, on same car, on same autopilot (minus recent updates).... totally bad. totally unsafe.
  7. it was nice to see car changing speed by itself, but it was disappointing to see car reducing speed for no valid reason at random time and locations...
  8. Lock sound set to random.... since than it gives lock music less than 50% of times... rest time no alert, no confirmations....
Elonta became Christmas Grinch this year with very bad software updates right before holidays.... Big disappointment

Wow what a nice Easter Day surprise-just got the (I assume 30 day trial) fsd supervised update. Man this feature is sooo cool. For those who never tried fsd, this thing rocks, just watching steering wheel whip around, all the display graffics, icons,etc.

All I can say is download it now.

Reactions: Audietron
Wow what a nice Easter Day surprise-just got the (I assume 30 day trial) fsd supervised update. Man this feature is sooo cool. For those who never tried fsd, this thing rocks, just watching steering wheel whip around, all the display graffics, icons,etc.

All I can say is download it now.
I think that only applies for US and Canada. NZ will probably have a long wait for V 12. Till then we will be enjoying the delight of V11 NoA