Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming Tesla Update (2023.12) to include steering wheel customizations and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually like the gear change chime because I have the issue where the car doesn't go from Park to Drive all the time as intended, so the chime is a nice confirmation.

Perhaps that's the undocumented behavior that when starting on the car, it won't shift into gear until it gets about halfway through the power-up self test.

One technique is to wait for about half the safety/warning lights to turn off before shifting into gear. (I buckle the seatbelt during that time.) @PianoAl's technique is to click and hold the stalk, holding until it shifts.

I actually like the gear change chime because I have the issue where the car doesn't go from Park to Drive all the time as intended, so the chime is a nice confirmation. I also have Joe mode on so maybe the chime volume is softer for me than the default.

I turned Joe mode off today and the chimes are a little louder. Also discovered that the turn signal indicator sound got louder too. I'm going to keep Joe mode off.

Just got the update today. I work nights, when I get home I back into my driveway. I always put the parking lights on so I'm not blasting my neighbors with my lights at 2:30 in the morning. Today the parking lights stayed on after exiting the car which they normally never do. I went back in the car to check and the lights when exit option is still off but the car was still in parking lights mode and I had to hit the off option to turn them off.

Anyone else having this problem after the update? Maybe it was a one time fluke? I'd hate to have to hit that button every night. Stupid problem yes but annoying.

2022 m3lr

Btw, I'm getting a few random chime sounds here and there, look at the screen and I don't see any alerts for anything on the sides of the car. Never had that before, plus it's a new sound.
The seemingly random chime I was getting is the warning for going over the max speed I had set in the "speed offset" in the speed limit setting. I had it at +10 mph, and in a big city boulevard that traffic flows faster than the posted speed, it can chime quite a few times. I don't remember getting that chime before, it's the same route I always took.

It's funny how the little features don't always excite me like I thought they would. I thought the gear change chime would be nice, but quickly turned it off because its interference with music vastly outweighs any benefit. But I thought the green light chime would be stupid and ended up loving it. To each their own :)

I'm very happy with the green light chime. It seems to work 99% of the time when I'm the one at front of the light and maybe ~95% of the time when there are car(s) ahead of me. Very high success rate. All failures that I can remember were circumstantial/explainable in nature.

Perhaps that's the undocumented behavior that when starting on the car, it won't shift into gear until it gets about halfway through the power-up self test.

One technique is to wait for about half the safety/warning lights to turn off before shifting into gear. (I buckle the seatbelt during that time.) @PianoAl's technique is to click and hold the stalk, holding until it shifts.
Yes, I believe you are correct.

I actually like the gear change chime because I have the issue where the car doesn't go from Park to Drive all the time as intended, so the chime is a nice confirmation. I also have Joe mode on so maybe the chime volume is softer for me than the default.
This isn't really an 'issue', just normal behavior. You have to wait for the car boot up, just like a computer.

I'm very happy with the green light chime. It seems to work 99% of the time when I'm the one at front of the light and maybe ~95% of the time when there are car(s) ahead of me. Very high success rate. All failures that I can remember were circumstantial/explainable in nature.
For me. the % accuracy rate drops significantly if I am waiting at a delayed dedicated left turn lane with the 2 lanes to my right going straight. The green light chime goes off when the light changes green for the 2 lanes going straight even though my delayed left turn light is still red.

Installed 12.5 and now the PWS makes this low sort of humming noise when the car is in drive and starts to move between 5-35km/h. I had no clue what this was and thought it was some sort of brake issue.

Went to a local SC today and tried it on a new 2023 LR with the same software update and it was the same. Apparently now it’s a new thing and is actually annoying as hell to me as the car sounds like something is rubbing or some hollow air flow sound when coasting at low speeds or decelerating .

Anyone else have this issue? On every single drive as I’m reducing speed, once it gets down to 40-0…it’s this annoying airflow hum that emanates from the passenger side.

I can’t stand the PWS anyway and after this… Definitely going to disconnect it.

Installed 12.5 and now the PWS makes this low sort of humming noise when the car is in drive and starts to move between 5-35km/h. I had no clue what this was and thought it was some sort of brake issue.

Went to a local SC today and tried it on a new 2023 LR with the same software update and it was the same. Apparently now it’s a new thing and is actually annoying as hell to me as the car sounds like something is rubbing or some hollow air flow sound when coasting at low speeds or decelerating .

Anyone else have this issue? On every single drive as I’m reducing speed, once it gets down to 40-0…it’s this annoying airflow hum that emanates from the passenger side.

I can’t stand the PWS anyway and after this… Definitely going to disconnect it.
Well, in the US, the PWS is supposed to do that, up to around 15 mph in Drive - and of course al the time in reverse (UFO sound). It's Federal law for EV's and full hybrids.

Ah ok. Federal law that an EV Make a sound while driving? Hmm 🤔

Not in Canada I guess. I disconnected the speaker just now (took me 3 min) behind the wheel well front. Problem solved for me and wow I love the stealth silence.