Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming events in MD & PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not all the cars are Teslas. I'm sure they have a way to monitor load, but I will be bringing a list of the cars and their respective weights. We can always break it up into 2 groups/trips.

The ferry can hold 24 cars, and we only have 8 signed up so far, 3 being Teslas. At that time of the morning on a Saturday, we should be fine.

From the Whites Ferry operator...

40,000 lbs for one vehicle is the weight restriction. We carry multiple horse trailers , dump trucks, tow trucks with vehicles, on a daily basis. On any given day there could be 10 SUV's with 7 passengers crossing. Weight is not an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Guacamolaf
Oh, I guess I didn't realize (or reading comprehension fail) the Ferry was part of that Poolesville meetup. I'm registered for the NDEW event there, but when I saw y'all were meeting up at the Outlets it seemed too far out of the way for me.

Might have to rethink my plan for that day...

Great! We're a sponsor of the Poolesville NDEW event, and really excited about it.

Yes, I'm coming up from So. MD in a Spark EV, and I want a backup Fast charge option, so I can either use the Leesburg Outlets or Dulles Town Center eVgos. I always like to have backups.

I just thought it would be neat to get a photo of all the electric cars on the ferry. So, you would either go through VA and meet us, or take the ferry over to VA from MD, and join us (round trip it). The outlet was the most logical place to gather given the eVgo there, if anyone had to use it.

Great! We're a sponsor of the Poolesville NDEW event, and really excited about it.

Yes, I'm coming up from So. MD in a Spark EV, and I want a backup Fast charge option, so I can either use the Leesburg Outlets or Dulles Town Center eVgos. I always like to have backups.

I just thought it would be neat to get a photo of all the electric cars on the ferry. So, you would either go through VA and meet us, or take the ferry over to VA from MD, and join us (round trip it). The outlet was the most logical place to gather given the eVgo there, if anyone had to use it.

Just so I'm clear, what ferry is this? (Only ferry I've ever been on goes out to Cape May :p )

I'll figure out what makes sense with the timing once I know that. Did you have a Meetup formed around this? I'll have to check when I'm not at work (blocked).

Looking forward to NDEW!

...or take the ferry over to VA from MD, and join us (round trip it). The outlet was the most logical place to gather given the eVgo there, if anyone had to use it.

What time to catch the ferry to go from MD to VA in time to get right back on the ferry with the VA crowd coming from the Leesburg outlets? That is I don't want to go to Leesburg, just the far side of the river. My son and I think it might be fun to ride the ferry.

Thanks to Rick Hesel for taking these great shots. Perhaps next year with your help, we could fill the ferry with EVs.

More photos: Photos - MD Volt Inc. (Silver Spring, MD) - Meetup

600_454214292.jpeg

600_454214294.jpeg

600_454214297.jpeg

600_454214300.jpeg