Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK 2022 Orders to Delivery inc the shipping thread for posts with no shipping news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, i've had my car a couple days and wanted to documents some of the experience going to collect my Model 3 RWD.

So i'm from Folkestone so nearest collection point was Bluewater (not too bad but would be nicer if there was a closer one like Maidstone or something).

Had to get a train to ebbsfleet and then a bus to bluewater, super easy journey up there (honestly the highlight of the morning was getting HS1 lol).

Turned up at the collection point, gave them my RN number, they asked for my license.
(This is the most surreal part for me, i've had 2 MINIs including a 300BHP special edition Clubman JCW which had some special sheet pull action etc but this was crazy).
"Here's your keys, your car is in row P, which is a few rows back. Enjoy, congratulations..." Didnt really care but thought that was crazy, just heres your keys, go fetch basically but fine with me.

Eventually found the car, after seeing multiple staff running round with buckets of black water just slapping a dirty chamois all over the car, i expected a horrendous site of my black car being swirled to the max. However to my delight, they hadnt washed it, AT ALL. Still had the sahara dust storm remains on it from weeks ago!

Anyways, it had only 20% SoC and needed a bit more to get home but personally, i think Bluewater needs more Superchargers, the amount of people there collecting their cars was crazy and to only have 12 superchargers is just silly if they're going to use this as a collection point for the forseeable future! There were literally people parking in the middle of the road in the car park just with their hazards on just waiting for people to finish charging.

Parked opposite and snapped at my chance to charge, 15 mins later, im at 50%. Drove it home and gave it a wash and it looked great, no paintwork issues. No boot alignment issues (or so small that it really isnt noticeable)

Only issue I had was dirty water drips on the inside of the door which showed up nicely on the white trim.

Didnt bother taking any photos at Bluewater as the car was in such a state, didnt really make sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0832.jpeg
    IMG_0832.jpeg
    865.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    824.8 KB · Views: 55
If you are London/South based, does selecting Southampton over the London car park (Bluewater or wherever is next) make a difference? Do you have a higher chance of early delivery if Southampton given it's the port where all cars come in?
Perhaps a slightly reduced risk of damage in transit from Southampton to Bluewater. However, we would use our 100 grace period for raising issues sooner with the drive home from Southhampton.
Also, a bit of a hack getting down there. It could mean getting the car sooner or.... maybe they dispatch the Bluewater bound cars before handing over the Southampton collection.
Who would know or say?

Yes. It isn't a low emissions zone, more like a toll road so EVs are not exempt.
Thanks for that.
So, i've had my car a couple days and wanted to documents some of the experience going to collect my Model 3 RWD.

So i'm from Folkestone so nearest collection point was Bluewater (not too bad but would be nicer if there was a closer one like Maidstone or something).

Had to get a train to ebbsfleet and then a bus to bluewater, super easy journey up there (honestly the highlight of the morning was getting HS1 lol).

Turned up at the collection point, gave them my RN number, they asked for my license.
(This is the most surreal part for me, i've had 2 MINIs including a 300BHP special edition Clubman JCW which had some special sheet pull action etc but this was crazy).
"Here's your keys, your car is in row P, which is a few rows back. Enjoy, congratulations..." Didnt really care but thought that was crazy, just heres your keys, go fetch basically but fine with me.

Eventually found the car, after seeing multiple staff running round with buckets of black water just slapping a dirty chamois all over the car, i expected a horrendous site of my black car being swirled to the max. However to my delight, they hadnt washed it, AT ALL. Still had the sahara dust storm remains on it from weeks ago!

Anyways, it had only 20% SoC and needed a bit more to get home but personally, i think Bluewater needs more Superchargers, the amount of people there collecting their cars was crazy and to only have 12 superchargers is just silly if they're going to use this as a collection point for the forseeable future! There were literally people parking in the middle of the road in the car park just with their hazards on just waiting for people to finish charging.

Parked opposite and snapped at my chance to charge, 15 mins later, im at 50%. Drove it home and gave it a wash and it looked great, no paintwork issues. No boot alignment issues (or so small that it really isnt noticeable)

Only issue I had was dirty water drips on the inside of the door which showed up nicely on the white trim.

Didnt bother taking any photos at Bluewater as the car was in such a state, didnt really make sense.
Nice account. Perhaps the secret is to get there early enough to beat the bucket and bag brigade to the car. I never imagined I would be so eager to find my new un- preped

Got dragged to the Trafford Centre on a holiday shopping expedition today. Awful place at the best of times, more so when united are at home!

Not much activity at the tesla hub as expected. Took the opportunity to have a close up look at the polestar 2 showroom. Really nice car, interior is probably nicer than the m3. Couldn't take one for a spin unfortunately but will be interested to see how that brand gets on.

Mega chuffed!!! Blackout M3! Finally got to pick this up Monday after being at the mod shop/detailers for what felt like an AGE! Almost as bad as waiting for delivery!!

Attachments

• 56816EE2-8850-49C2-BA41-23A68E17EAC2.jpeg
    56816EE2-8850-49C2-BA41-23A68E17EAC2.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 32AB7FD7-594C-420F-9E35-2484E9E7D281.jpeg
    32AB7FD7-594C-420F-9E35-2484E9E7D281.jpeg
    608.1 KB · Views: 49
  • EE3D2293-C263-473B-A770-0F546F1117E2.jpeg
    EE3D2293-C263-473B-A770-0F546F1117E2.jpeg
    541.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20A743F7-8851-45F6-B887-1E842C2B1D19.jpeg
    20A743F7-8851-45F6-B887-1E842C2B1D19.jpeg
    735.3 KB · Views: 64

You were luck to have chargers on site, none at Portbury! Not far to Gordano, although that's right on the M5, and generally quite busy anyway.

Fortunately had 29%, enough to get to Lidl Taunton👍

Second night in a row now the car didn’t charge to 100%. Put it in charge to operate during the Octopus Go period last night at 87% and wake up to a Car at 96% and messages saying the Car was charging slower than expected.

I appreciate it slows down in the final stages but surely it should be able to charge 13% in 4 hours?

Second night in a row now the car didn’t charge to 100%. Put it in charge to operate during the Octopus Go period last night at 87% and wake up to a Car at 96% and messages saying the Car was charging slower than expected.

I appreciate it slows down in the final stages but surely it should be able to charge 13% in 4 hours?
This does not appear be charging as it should! Check the settings on your charger app, for example on my OHME charger there are settings like optomise for battery, optimise for greener energy…

My home charger does around 40% in the 4 hour cheaper energy window. If the car only needs 10% top up, it phases the charge so would start at 2am… have a rest then finish the rest on the run up to 6am

I have optimise for battery life and optimise for green energy turned off.

I have a schedule set to say charge to 100% by 04:30 and to use only cheap energy and that seems to have worked perfectly for the first 5 days or so and it seems to limit the charge to that period but the last two days I have had this issue.

I found my current Ioniq suddenly got into the habit of this but it had always been ok previously. The car charging slower than expected message means the charger has turned off and is just ticking over at like 0.01 kWh or whatever it is.
I’m on the octopus 20:30-12:30 window and in the Ohme settings changing the target finish time to 30mins earlier for me sorted the issue, it’ll still charge until 12:30 if needed but seemed to sort the issue of turning off sooner than it should.

Attachments

• 2045B2B8-3F19-46E8-90BB-61EFC685D562.png
    2045B2B8-3F19-46E8-90BB-61EFC685D562.png
    207.9 KB · Views: 48
I found my current Ioniq suddenly got into the habit of this but it had always been ok previously. The car charging slower than expected message means the charger has turned off and is just ticking over at like 0.01 kWh or whatever it is.
I’m on the octopus 20:30-12:30 window and in the Ohme settings changing the target finish time to 30mins earlier for me sorted the issue, it’ll still charge until 12:30 if needed but seemed to sort the issue of turning off sooner than it should.
Ok I will try that. So it still charges throughout the cheap period but makes an effort to get to 100% sooner?

The order status page for M3 RWD White/Aero/Black has been suggesting May 22 - June 19 as the delivery date range (picking up from Southampton). It now says "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery", but I cannot see any change in the delivery date, and there is no additional document or mention of the VIN.

Does this message suggest the delivery date is going to change, or does Tesla ask for payment well in advance?

Ok I will try that. So it still charges throughout the cheap period but makes an effort to get to 100% sooner?
Yeah exactly. I have the never charge over 5p per kw/h checked in the tariff settings too and it’s worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.
I wonder if the Ohme miscalculates the charging time so it stops thinking it can click on again later when it actually needs to still be on to hit 100% in the time window.