Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

uh oh... powertrain service required! How soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my 2013 Model S decided to let me know that the Powertrain is in need of service. The message on screen is "tesla powertrain requires service - ok to drive". I live a few hours from a service center and I'm sure it will be a few weeks before I am able to get it in. I still need to use this car in the mean time. So when it says "ok to drive", is that meaning its ok to drive it until I am able to get it serviced 😬 or....is this more like "only drive this thing to the service station and no where else?" I guess I'm asking anyone that has had this warning if they drove for a little bit before taking it in for service?

Hi! I got the exact same issue this weekend. Did you get any feedback?
Posted here, reddit and a few other places....no responses. Still driving it but the noise coming from the powertrain is becoming increasingly louder so I'm sure it's not for long. The message comes and goes and actually hasn't been on for about a week. I saw your other post and it makes me wonder if the car lot knew and put it out there when the message went away.