Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugh, Ordered Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you decide to install them? Would appreciate some pictures, thanks!

No, sorry, I just didn't like them enough to mount them.

The folks were VERY good about the return and even offered to let me install them and return them if I still didn't like them for a full refund. They also did the full refund BEFORE I even sent them back.

So the risk is low if you want to try them.

Everything I've seen so far looks cheesy.

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
I got the carbon fiber ones and just tried to mount the first one. Took out the clip easily enough, but had a really hard time getting it back in. I eventually removed the carbonfiber piece and took a light hammer to the clip which eventually worked (I had the wheel on the whole time).

So for those with much more experience, any tricks for easily getting clips back in?

I got the carbon mud flaps as well. The front install was simple. The clip was a bit hard to push in but i got it on there. As for the rear the original clip was impossible to push in. Had to buy longer clips for both sides in the rear. Overall the flaps look great. Not overdone and flows with the rest of the car.

I got the carbon mud flaps as well. The front install was simple. The clip was a bit hard to push in but i got it on there. As for the rear the original clip was impossible to push in. Had to buy longer clips for both sides in the rear. Overall the flaps look great. Not overdone and flows with the rest of the car.
Pics, please.

Reactions: mswlogo
Pics, please.

I'd like to see pics too. I'd love to see how much it protects your car too, which is part of the reason I returned them.

They didn't look like they would help keep the car much cleaner along the rocker panels, which was my primary need.

They may indeed still prevent paint chips from the most vulnerable points of impact.

Just a thought.........not to overstate what may have already been alluded to, Tesla doesn't offer "mud flaps". I have always been a mud flap guy, for the obvious reasons yet, I wonder what the change in aerodynamics would be after install(?) Since Tesla doesn't offer them, I'm thinking there is a reason for such(?)

Reactions: Kleenerth3

I would really only be interested in the front flaps. I would be interested to know how you find it mitigates rain spray (including dirt) on the doors when driving in the rain. You should be able to tell after it dries...

I would really only be interested in the front flaps. I would be interested to know how you find it mitigates rain spray (including dirt) on the doors when driving in the rain. You should be able to tell after it dries...

Eric sells 3 different sizes for the Model 3. He is in Quebec and an English translation is coming. I have the minimal California ones coming. May only install the fronts.

Garde-Boues Tesla Model 3 (California Edition) *** En production, prévoir 3-4 semaines d'attente *** - Antirouille Bolduc

Boutique - Antirouille Bolduc

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
So far the carbon mudguards has kept the rocks from hitting the side rockers and the rear bumper by the wheel well. Haven't driven it in the rain yet but I'm pretty sure it will help with all that dirt kicking up on the side.

Here is a picture if the rear carbon mudflap

Attachments

• 29968E09-6E58-4A98-AA3A-6356CA05D27E.jpeg
    29968E09-6E58-4A98-AA3A-6356CA05D27E.jpeg
    532.6 KB · Views: 621
So far the carbon mudguards has kept the rocks from hitting the side rockers and the rear bumper by the wheel well. Haven't driven it in the rain yet but I'm pretty sure it will help with all that dirt kicking up on the side.

Any updates in using in the rain etc? Thanks!

Here is a picture if the rear carbon mudflap

I’m guessing you haven’t noticed any significant reduction in mileage due to them?