Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ugggh Rewards Program Fine Print!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, call me an idiot I guess for not reading the fine print..

I've been writing tesla rewards for several months now asking when I am going to get my redemption code for a radio flyer model S to send to my nephew (which I was trying to get in time for Christmas), and finally, after all of this time, Tesla rewards finally responds to my email l to say Virginia is not eligible to redeem rewards.

On top of that, rewards are not transferable so I can't even give the referral credit it to someone else.

Sorry to rant, it is just frustrating.

"Must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for awards. Awards are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. The customer is responsible for all taxes and local requirements and fees. Customers are responsible for their own travel and accommodations unless otherwise specified. Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Unfortunately, Ohio and Virginia residents are not eligible for awards."

• Informative
Reactions: J__T
It is not Tesla’s fault. It is those states preventing Tesla from offering incentive for referrals because the dealers want to be the only ones who sell cars. Their logic is that if manufactures can sell cars or incentivize owners to sell, then the value of the dealerships would decrease. This is pure stupid of course and a futile attempt to keep dealerships around longer. I have never had a positive experience at any dealerships, incompetent, inefficient and dishonest are the three words I would describe most dealerships.

A bit frustrating indeed as I have been planning for the signature charger in my soon to be finished garage since last fall...I just realized Tesla is not able to give me the signature charger... I also misunderstood the bird dog law was only for cash compensation, not a physical gift...which leads to my question:

Has anyone tried to purchase a black signature wall charger in Virginia... following of course you would have otherwise qualified to receive one if not in Virginia? As of now, I think they are only available via reward program.

This is quite comical that this bird dog law, in Virginia anyway, has been around for decades... yet our healthcare laws preventing such payments/kickbacks/incentives, specifically the Sunshine Act, were just first introduced just over a decade ago in 2007... and as I understand passed in 2010...maybe we should let the arcane VADA and Virginia DMV handle the absurdity of the kickbacks and rebates so prevalent amongst insurance/PBMs/pharma...this would seem a bit more pressing...

• Informative
Reactions: Brando