Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Transatlantic Tesla/EV Meetup 2. The King & Co., Clapham, London 2016-11-17 6p-8p

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
Hi All...

We're crossing the Pond again for a visit and had so much fun with fellow rEVolutionaries (mostly from SpeakEV, though @dpeilow is a TMC and SpeakEV guy (like me)) that we wanted to see if we can do another Social and Drinks.

This time, Clapham. Due to a Personal issue, we had to change our meetup to Friday, November 18, 2016 at The King & Co., a short five minute walk from Clapham Common (King & Co - How to Find Us) There's also free parking that starts at 1830 according to the Pub.

Here are links to the location. Please RSVP early so I can get us a booking.
Attendees, please PM me with mobile and I will send you my US mobile to be able to text me or WhatsApp on day of.

We had a bunch of guys from SpeakEV join up last time (though to be fair, both @dpeilow and I are TMC guys too)... So, any TMC folks want to swing over and chat EVs and Tesla...

Aside from the Model 3 and Solar Roof.

IMG_3676 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

IMG_3669 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We can talk Gigafactory.

IMG_2694 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

I also got to see the Bolt EV in person.

IMG_1202.JPG by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

and we can always talk about Roadtrips. (Long Way Round, Here, There, and EVerywhere, and others...)

So. Who is IN? Let me know here, or on SpeakEV (they have an RSVP on their system.)

Last edited:
I find on international forums it is always best to write the date in full ie 17th November 2017 as date codes differ from country to country.

It is not a problem in this case but for clarity it is a convention worth using.

Unfortunately my S will not be delivered by then and I am among those worrying if it will be delivered before the end of March.

I find on international forums it is always best to write the date in full ie 17th November 2017 as date codes differ from country to country.

It is not a problem in this case but for clarity it is a convention worth using.

Unfortunately my S will not be delivered by then and I am among those worrying if it will be delivered before the end of March.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually didn't use the common US annotation which is Month-Day-Year to try to clarify what date I am espousing and I hope that folks would figure it out in context if my post,

So, care to join us and talk Tesla and EVs...

the common US annotation which is Month-Day-Year

Month name is safe ... we won't bite your head off if you say "Nov 17, 2016" ... even thought it's still wrong :)

"Two great nations separated by a common language" and all that ...

I ought to Google why the USA prefers M-D-Y, it always seems to me to be illogical because it seems to be a "Middle, Smallest, Largest" format - whereas either "Smallest, Middle, Largest" (D-M-Y) or "Largest, Middle, Smallest" (Y-M-D) seem far more logical.

I'll probably discover its something WE stitched you up over - like the reason why your Gallon is smaller than ours (the difference was the rip-off commission that WE added to sales :( )

... sorry, can't make it personally, but Y'all have a great time :)

Month name is safe ... we won't bite your head off if you say "Nov 17, 2016" ... even thought it's still wrong :)

"Two great nations separated by a common language" and all that ...

I ought to Google why the USA prefers M-D-Y, it always seems to me to be illogical because it seems to be a "Middle, Smallest, Largest" format - whereas either "Smallest, Middle, Largest" (D-M-Y) or "Largest, Middle, Smallest" (Y-M-D) seem far more logical.

I'll probably discover its something WE stitched you up over - like the reason why your Gallon is smaller than ours (the difference was the rip-off commission that WE added to sales :( )

... sorry, can't make it personally, but Y'all have a great time :)
Thanks... I'm in the middle of changing the date to Friday or Saturday because of conflicts on my end. I am in the middle of corresponding with the guys that have already confirmed. I will edit the invite here when I hear from the confirmed members of the meetup.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Thanks... I'm in the middle of changing the date to Friday or Saturday because of conflicts on my end. I am in the middle of corresponding with the guys that have already confirmed. I will edit the invite here when I hear from the confirmed members of the meetup.

Ok. Time changed to Friday, November 18, 2016 at 1830-2030. Same location.

Hope to see some of you there. Please respond here or on the SpeakEV thread.

Reactions: WannabeOwner