Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Touch up paint from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So recently I have a small Nick in my paint by the trunk which happened when my trunk opened too closely to the garage door.

Anyway after looking online and on various youtube videos it backs clear that the best bet is to order the Tesla touch up paint from Tesla.

Anyone have any experience with the paint kit. I do have a body shop guy who told
Me he could put it on for me but just wondering what practical experience anyone has had with it.

So recently I have a small Nick in my paint by the trunk which happened when my trunk opened too closely to the garage door.

Anyway after looking online and on various youtube videos it backs clear that the best bet is to order the Tesla touch up paint from Tesla.

Anyone have any experience with the paint kit. I do have a body shop guy who told
Me he could put it on for me but just wondering what practical experience anyone has had with it.
The Tesla kit is actually well-designed and easy to apply if you follow directions. I was worried about messing it up and leaving residue, but their kit has special liquid to gently remove excess after 2 minutes. You can also apply it multiple times to "fill in" a deeper nick, leveling out with surrounding paint. I've used it ~5 times on hood now, and it really helps reduce visibility of small nicks. So highly recommended.

Reactions: 100d
It says up to 1 hour to remove excess, but given you can gently hand buff after 3-4 minutes, it dries to touch quickly. Probably cures within 2 hours.

IMG_2875.jpeg