Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total Lunar Eclipse - Predawn Wednesday, October 8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
There will be a total lunar eclipse before dawn for North America on Wednesday, October 8. Greatest obscuration will occur at 10:55 UT (05:55 CDT). Prime viewing will be centered on the Pacific Ocean, but much of North America and East Asia will be in sight of most if not all of the eclipse.

I’ve created a graphic panorama of nine stages of the eclipse. A fictional blue wall is placed in the background to make the Earth’s shadow obvious. The event times are given in CDT (UT-5). They will occur virtually simultaneously for observers on the night side of the Earth, but adjustments must be made for time zones. The given altitudes and viewing angles are for Chicago, so corrections would have to be made for elsewhere.

Here’s the link to my Moon webpage which will allow you to continue to my eclipse graphic and timing data: www.CurtRenz.com/moon

Photos and descriptions of the eclipse would be welcome additions to this thread.