Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tonight's TMC Podcast #7 with Roadster Expert Carl Medlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, it sounds like it is compatible with your vehicle... You are responsible for doing your research and understanding the requirements to get the full functionality of your unit. From the sounds, the info was out there before your purchase. As a result of not doing the research, you look like a dolt trying to make the company pay for your lack of research. You've also made the company pay for your oversight and kept the unit... are you now trying to shakedown the company in exchange for the unit?

"Treated me like a customer"? I posted the screenshots of the e-mails. I politely asked for a refund. You refused. You were rude from the get go.
I stated that the device does not work with my vehicle, and I asked for a refund, and was declined.
I'm not asking you to PAY me anything. I'm asking you to admit you lied, admit that I was polite from the start, and admit that you lied when you stated I 'right off the bat threatened a negative yelp review and a BBB complaint". Both of those statements are easily disproven with my screenshots of my e-mail history to you.
I offered to send you back the device if you apologize and admit you lied. You can't man up and do that.
And I anxiously await contact from the Fremont Police. If they ever reach out to me, which I doubt they will, I will show them the e-mails and the bank e-mail telling me I am not required to return the device. I will also show them my offer to return it to you which you declined.
And I hope they reach out to your local police department for filing a false police report.
Hello Evan, According to Fremont PD, it became stolen goods the moment your bank dispute started with a lie, the lie being the unit was defective; and that Evan was fraud. Your emails prove it was not defective. I want the unit back at your expense and I will drop the charges I filed against you. If you force me into small claims I will also be asking for my travel expenses, flight hotel, car, and lost wages/ time. I think the limit is $10,000 but $5,000 will get your attention. Your ball Evan, return the OVMS or get prosecuted for fraud and theft. ;)

Last edited:
An individual does not file charges, the DA or other appropriate agency does.
I stated the facts to my bank. My bank approved the chargeback.
I will await contact from the Fremont police or court, and happily show them evidence that you are a habitual liar. Every statement you've made has been a proven lie.

Again, it sounds like it is compatible with your vehicle... You are responsible for doing your research and understanding the requirements to get the full functionality of your unit. From the sounds, the info was out there before your purchase. As a result of not doing the research, you look like a dolt trying to make the company pay for your lack of research. You've also made the company pay for your oversight and kept the unit... are you now trying to shakedown the company in exchange for the unit?
I'm simply asking the company to admit they lied - which shouldn't even be necessary since I've posted screenshots that show evidence they're liars.
I did reasearch on the OVMS, saw that it was compatible with many vehicles. I went to their website, their website asked me to specify my vehicle 'to ensure compatibility'. I specified my vehicle. I was sent a device that would not do about 80% of the features that were advertised without hacking my vehicle which 3 reputable mechanics would not support doing due to the potential of causing damage to the car.
At that point I POLITELY asked - MULTIPLE TIMES for a refund.
And at that point, Medlock states I was rude, and 'right off the bat threatened a negative yelp review and a BBB complaint if they didn't accept the return'.
I've provided screenshots that show that's a lie.
Yet you still support Medlock? Amazing. You're either in a cult or you work for them.

"Yet you still support Medlock?" Amazing. You're either in a cult or you work for them.
This proves your motives here are to hurt Medlock and Sons.
Did you order the product? Yes
Did you attempt to install it? Yes
Did you call me on the phone and admit you tried to install it? Yes
Did I tell you no refunds on installed parts? Yes
Did you make these threats and throw a tantrum on the phone? Yes
Did you lie to your bank and say it was defective to get your money back? Yes
Did you go to BBB after your refund? Yes
Did you make a Yelp review after your refund? Yes
Did you come here and whine like a two-year-old entitled child? Yes constantly.

You talk real tough behind your keyboard, let's see how you like handcuffs.

If nothing else this was reported as theft of goods, and will be on your public record for the theft of goods. You are welcome. There is a detective in Fremont who will be coming to see you. I just sent him a copy of the emails and the documents from the bank where you said it was defective. Liar.

I used to live there when I helped set up the Tesla Factory in 2011,12,13. I know a lot of people in Fremont California.

Just in case people need photography services, evans photography fremont california - Google Search

What you do not see on any of these links is me retaliating against you. I don't act like a child and post bogus reviews like you do. Cheers Evan, I am sure you need to have the last word so this is my final reply to you online. See you and Jenn in court.

Yeah, you think I'm going to be in handcuffs? ROTFLOL.. You are delusional as well as a liar,
First, I never ONCE called you. I e-mailed you. So I'd have documentation. I'd love to see your phone record showing a phone call from me because it never happened. So you are lying yet again. It's become obvious you do nothing but lie, as every statement you've made so far has been a lie.
And my Yelp review and BBB complaiint were made BEFORE I filed a bank dispute.
Yelp Review: June 21st. Initiate Bank Dispute: July 6th.
Making a complaint does not 'go on my public record' unless it's investigated, confirmed, and I'm convicted. Otherwise I could say you stole something of mine, and if it's investigated and found to be false, you'd have that on your record. It doesn't work that way.
"I know a lot of people in Fremont California". Thank you for what could be considered a threat. Should anything happen, I have taken a screenshot and would be happy to provide this as evidence.
And you act like a child and lie.
And I have no idea who Jenn is, or why you think you'd see her in court.
You googled Evans photography - Congratulations! That's not me. Evan is my first name. And I do not do 'photography services'.
Why you think I'd be related to someone named Jennifer Evans in North Carolina is beyond me, just because she has the same last name as my first name?
1693599373592.png

@phirephoto could you please take this to a shrink, a Leaf forum or somewhere else where it doesn't distract those of us who are actually interested in Tesla Roadsters?
I second this. @phirephoto do you know how many of us Roadster owners have been fleeced over the years by grifters? From DC fast charging retrofits to bespoke taillights, there have been countless people or companies that have taken thousands of dollars in deposits for work that never materialized.

But do you see threads disparaging those people? No. Because unfortunately it’s part of life. If I went after every person that has wronged me like you are doing, I’d have exhausted myself to my resting place six feet under.

You’ve already gotten your money back. You’ve left your opinion on Yelp and other websites including these distracting posts on a forum that isn’t for the Nissan Leaf. Continuing to engage in this behavior reflects more poorly on you than the business you claim to have been slighted by. All this for a whopping $275.

In the words of Neil Peart:

Take it easy on me now
I'd be there if I could
I'm so full of what is right
I can't see what is good

Reactions: Nvbob and einhalv
I second this. @phirephoto do you know how many of us Roadster owners have been fleeced over the years by grifters? From DC fast charging retrofits to bespoke taillights, there have been countless people or companies that have taken thousands of dollars in deposits for work that never materialized.

But do you see threads disparaging those people? No. Because unfortunately it’s part of life. If I went after every person that has wronged me like you are doing, I’d have exhausted myself to my resting place six feet under.

You’ve already gotten your money back. You’ve left your opinion on Yelp and other websites including these distracting posts on a forum that isn’t for the Nissan Leaf. Continuing to engage in this behavior reflects more poorly on you than the business you claim to have been slighted by. All this for a whopping $275.

In the words of Neil Peart:
While this isn't a Leaf Forum, Medlock sells / posts here. You would think people would be appreciative. I mean, if I looked on a forum and saw negative reviews about a company I was thinking of doing business with, it would sure make me think twice about dealing with that business, and potentially help me avoid getting fleeced.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nvbob