Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tire size is just about perfect for 19" x 8.5" wheels, and the stats Garlan posted seem about right too. I'm hoping that Model S wheels fit, if so I'll take the stock aero wheels for winter tires and picking up Rial Lugano's for summers. A set of these plug tpms sensors is cheaper than the $1500 for the Tesla 19" wheel upgrade, and you get a second set.

Rial Lugano OE Cap

235/45R18
silver-tesla-model-3-burbank-service-center-3.jpg

The tire size is just about perfect for 19" x 8.5" wheels, and the stats Garlan posted seem about right too. I'm hoping that Model S wheels fit, if so I'll take the stock aero wheels for winter tires and picking up Rial Lugano's for summers. A set of these plug tpms sensors is cheaper than the $1500 for the Tesla 19" wheel upgrade, and you get a second set.

Rial Lugano OE Cap
you stole my idea!

Rial Lugano OE Cap

you stole my idea!

Looks really good. I would be hesitant going with a 32mm vs. a 40mm offset (and spacers can't correct) though, because of the change in scrub radius and torque/brake steer

Agreed, I'm not that worried on what 8mm would do mechanically, especially since that means the center of the tire would only move 4mm, less than 3/16". I'd think anyone would be hard pressed to notice a difference there. My concern would be more in terms of brake and suspension clearance and how it lines up with the bodywork.

I just hope you can remove the flat aero part of the 18" wheels. I'd rather not have to pay for the 19" wheels from a ride quality and cost of replacement point of view. The aero wheels look like they could be decent looking underneath if you can remove the aero portions.

I'm not paying 9K for larger M3 battery.I also plan to use my MS 19" OEM wheels/tires for my M3 everyday driving and keep the stock M3 aero's for longer road trips.

Any way to put MS 21" OEM's on M3 or just no room for that size?

I'm not paying 9K for larger M3 battery.I also plan to use my MS 19" OEM wheels/tires for my M3 everyday driving and keep the stock M3 aero's for longer road trips.

Any way to put MS 21" OEM's on M3 or just no room for that size?
21"s should physically fit, but the outer diameter will be larger, which will throw off the speedometer. It's possible could swap to lower profile tires to offset the diameter, but not sure what tire sizes available in 21". Think I will try and see once I get my 3.

Someone posted it here the other day, but now I can't find it.

What are all the dimensions of the 18 inch Aero wheels? Width, offset, bolt pattern, diameter of center register hole, etc?

I'm looking at aftermarket 18 inch wheels in the $100 range to replace the Aeros. I'll have nicer wheels, reuse the stock tires and TPM units, and most importantly, NOT pay $1500 for the 19 inch Tesla wheels!

I have never looked at aftermarket rims in my life, but out of sheer principle and keeping my $1500 from Tesla, I will do it. This is what they get for making me spend $1000 to get away from their ugly black paint!

Someone posted it here the other day, but now I can't find it.

What are all the dimensions of the 18 inch Aero wheels? Width, offset, bolt pattern, diameter of center register hole, etc?

I'm looking aftermarket 18 inch wheels in the $100 range to replace the Aeros. I'll have nicer wheels, reuse the stock tires and TPM units, and most importantly, NOT pay $1500 for the 19 inch Tesla wheels!

I'm also trying to relocate that information. I've never been able to get on friendly terms with the search engine on this forum.

Since I live in LA with lots of potholes, I was thinking it it might be better to get the 18 inch wheels, but they look so ugly. Maybe 18" aftermarket wheels? Does anyone know the size? I can only find the 19 inch size:

235/40R19
Size: 19X8.0″
Offset: +40
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.