Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tint and Window Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my M3 a week or so ago. Immediately, took my car to get tinted at a reputable tint shop. A day after installation, I found that a piece of the tint burned off along the defroster. Appears a small piece of the defroster is exposed which cased the tint to burn off. Spoke with the tint shop and they mentioned they don’t really touch those areas with anything sharp or harsh to have damaged the defroster in anyway.

Opened a request with Tesla and they said that that the warranty is immediately voided. They said a new window is the only way to fix the issue.

Im somewhat in a pickle because I dont really see how this is the tint shops fault but at the same time they were the last one to touch it.

Anyone had similar issues and/or suggestions to go about handling the situation.

Sorry to hear man. At this point I’d just pony up the $ and get a replacement. Can you see if there’s a cut or something?
Might just be bad luck and it was A bad manufactured glass and had wire exposed and you so happened to tint.
If there was anyway you can prove that the glass was defective and the tint wasn’t the cause of issue, then a big maybe if Tesla even listens considering they immediately voided the warranty for that.