Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Model X needs a 2nd Row Center Console Option or Armrest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery of my new Model X (its name is Zamboni) last Saturday and am absolutely loving it. One of my unanticipated surprises is how often people come over to check out the car when I park. And I visited the Tesla Factory yesterday to take a tour and see the line where our cars get born. I felt like I was visiting Willy Wonka's factory.

One observation of my 6 seat configuration that I'd like to share is the need for some sort of arm rest for passengers in the 2nd row. Apparently, Tesla made some sort of center console for the Founders Edition cars but it's not available for sale as a stand alone option. Friends and family that have ridden in the 2nd row have commented that it would be nice if Tesla added a fold down arm rest on the side of the seat that is in the center of the car.

Have any of you fine folks seen a solution for this? What are your thoughts?

I am with you guys - that was the first thing the 2nd row passengers where complaining of when driving through mountain roads - as there is no handle, armrest or console installed, security and comfort are at stake - if anyone knows a manufacturer who could copy this console I would appreciate the contact.
6-seat.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: doc5339 and Carl
How interesting! I picked the six seat configuration specifically because I liked the clear space between those two seats. Why not choose the seven seater (for more flexibility) if that space isn't important?

I can understand the twisty mountain road concerns but to me the openness of the space trumps.

How interesting! I picked the six seat configuration specifically because I liked the clear space between those two seats. Why not choose the seven seater (for more flexibility) if that space isn't important?

I can understand the twisty mountain road concerns but to me the openness of the space trumps.
Well, for example you can't fit skies in the 7 seater.

A simple fold-away armrest fixed on the sides of the seats would allow enough space and enhance comfort and security. A 7-seater does not really improve the passengers instability, besides from ending up on the floor in a sharp curve ;-)

...you can't fit skies in the 7 seater.
I'd rather transport skis like this:

Attachments

• section-allwheel.jpg
    section-allwheel.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

How about an adjustable fold-down armrest built into the seats in the 2nd row of the 6-seat config?? Anyone else think that might be a solution? That way I can order a Plaid, since you can't get that speed with a 5- or 7-seat config. grrrrr