Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 14-15th - Williamsburg VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo!!!

I haven't forgotten your "bend and snap" approach to frunk closing ;)
best.
lifehack.
ever.:)
Haha, I still close it like that (well when I still owned a Tesla). Guess who never got the dreaded frunk crease? If I have my car by then, I will be happy to do live demonstrations. Rick won't let me bend & snap his frunk!

I know a number are anxiously awaiting there appliqués. Yes, I know that this is April the first, and no, this is not an April fools joke. I am picking up a number of polished and painted appliqués today, they will be assembled this week-end or early next week ready for shipping by lets say mid to end of next week.

Three dozen more are in the pip line that I will be getting them within ten days. That group will start our stock. Our stock colors will be Pearl White, Multi Coat Red, Green, Black and Polished Aluminum. Orders placed for our stock colors by Wednesday of a given week will ship by Friday of that week. At this point all other color orders will take two to three weeks to fill. Hopefully, this time frame will be shortened as production increases.

Once this lot of 36 are sold it will take six weeks to get the next round of appliqués. If you would like to have a lighted appliqué for the TESLA-ROAD-TRIP you better grab one of the 36 now.

All -

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, after @TeslaRoadTrip 2016 this year, I plan on driving down to Kill Devil Hills/Kitty Hawk, NC on Monday May 16th to visit the Wright Memorial - I've always wanted to visit there since I was a kid! In addition, I've also always wanted to try Hang Gliding - and down there you can get lessons and a few gentle flights off the rolling sand dunes, which shouldn't be too nerve-racking.

I wanted to open up this casual side trip I'm taking to whomever else wanted to join in, so I am posting the details here. A couple of you have already expressed an interest. If you would like to join in, please send me a PM here and I will keep a list. The round trip from the Norfolk, VA Supercharger is 173 Miles.

Here's a rough outline of what I'm doing.

Sunday, May 15th

Evening: Stay in Norfolk, VA Hotel near Supercharger @ JANAF Center

Monday, May 16th

9am - Arrive at Norfolk Supercharger to charge
10am - Depart for Kill Devil Hills (80 Miles - 1h 35m drive)
11:30am - Visit Wright Memorial & Museum
1:30pm - Lunch at a local restaurant
3:30pm - Arrive Kitty Hawk Kites
4:00-7:00pm - Hang Gliding Beginner Lesson w/5 flights
7:00pm - Depart for Norfolk: Overnight in hotel

If any of you is interested in the Kitty Hawk Kites Hang Gliding Lesson, I've booked myself for the 4pm Beginner Lesson on Monday, May 16th that includes 5 flights. You can get the details and book your lesson at the following link:

Dune Hang Gliding | Kitty Hawk Kites

Hope some of you are interested in coming - let me know!

Aaron

Any chance you think you will have the CAN thing sorted by then? Cause I know you guys are assessing the possibility to tie into that. I might be more willing to make the mod if it weren't such an intensive process to make it work.[/QUOTE

Sorry for the slow response. It's unlikely but one never knows. Danal is working on it.We'll be doing a compete install on Sunday am starting at 8:00am in yet-to-be determined location in the hotel parking lot. I'd love to think we'll have the CAN solution by then, as it will make it much more a plug and play installation. But one can hope:)

All -

We've got about 80 Tesla Vehicles and over 150 attendees coming to this years event - and there's room for more!!!
This year will be quite memorable with 2 guest Speakers, Tesla Motors participation, Door Prizes and more!
Event registration is open until April 30th - so if you haven't signed up, please do!

Aaron

PS - we also still have t-shirts available to order - see this post for more information:

@TeslaRoadTrip 2016 - "The Future Meets the Past" - May 14-15th - Williamsburg VA

Last edited:
I know that a lot of people think that tapping into the can bus is the answer. I think you are opening a can of worms. Tesla will be very protective of there electronics and will provide a lot of grief for anyone tapping into their can bus. Just my $.02

I know that a lot of people think that tapping into the can bus is the answer. I think you are opening a can of worms. Tesla will be very protective of there electronics and will provide a lot of grief for anyone tapping into their can bus. Just my $.02

They have been very understanding (if not actually supportive) with the OVMS project, which both reads and writes the Roadster CAN Bus.

Evey's all decked out! I've had a number of questions about the decals and the event. Really looking forward to it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: linkster