Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV apps (Netflix etc) frame rate = bad.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, it’s pretty rubbish. No Tesla can run regular video playback without it being stuttery. Shame most people don’t notice, but it’s really bad.

Serious question:

How does anyone watch anything in any serious manner in their Tesla? For example, the frame-rate is so poor/uneven it's maddening. For something advertised as the best place to watch movies etc, I'm amazed there's been zero improvement for this over the years. It was bad in the Model 3, and it's still bad in the new Model S. For those sensitive to frame times and frame-rates, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Stutter stutter stutter. It's really easy to see, especially in scrolling tickers in e.g. Fox Sports 1.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
It’s not just you,l. I’ve become so accustomed to a 240hz computer monitor, and 120hz on my iPhone that anything below 144hz is immediately noticeable to me. Makes me almost motion sick.
Serious question:

How does anyone watch anything in any serious manner in their Tesla? For example, the frame-rate is so poor/uneven it's maddening. For something advertised as the best place to watch movies etc, I'm amazed there's been zero improvement for this over the years. It was bad in the Model 3, and it's still bad in the new Model S. For those sensitive to frame times and frame-rates, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Stutter stutter stutter. It's really easy to see, especially in scrolling tickers in e.g. Fox Sports 1.

Serious question:

It’s not just you,l. I’ve become so accustomed to a 240hz computer monitor, and 120hz on my iPhone that anything below 144hz is immediately noticeable to me. Makes me almost motion sick.

Thank you for quoting the same thing three times, - for effect, I guess? :D

I don't mind a lower frame-rate in the car. I DO mind an uneven frame rate. And nope, Tesla still hasn't fixed it.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Maybe the display native refresh rate is not a multiple of 60? If it's 100Hz for example, it would have to duplicate a few frames to make it match. Still it looks like the pause is longer than one frame duration, maybe two?

24fps might be more interesting test as that is what all movies and most TV shows are running at.