Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases New Yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. The texture felt cheap and fake. For a $100k car, I expected far better material. Mine started peeling before I even reached 10k miles!
Do they check the actual quality of the yoke when replacing? Mine isn't really peeling (at least, not as much as other members here) so I don't know if they would replace it just because I want the center horn

Do they check the actual quality of the yoke when replacing? Mine isn't really peeling (at least, not as much as other members here) so I don't know if they would replace it just because I want the center horn
I doubt they do, but might depend on the mobile tech or service center (meaning, it might vary based on who you get). They must be changing these out pretty frequently, I can't imagine they're trying to preserve stock or anything.

I am strongly debating the switch, but I think I read in another thread that some of new yokes might have turn signal issues?

I doubt they do, but might depend on the mobile tech or service center (meaning, it might vary based on who you get). They must be changing these out pretty frequently, I can't imagine they're trying to preserve stock or anything.

I am strongly debating the switch, but I think I read in another thread that some of new yokes might have turn signal issues?
My first did. I got a replacement and it’s fine. If you can switch for free, do it.

Yep. There were a few reported stuff turn signal replacements. My service center said they’d had a few complaints when I had mine replaced again. You’ll know right away and my replacement really has been perfect.
Okay, now a bit of an oddball q - When I put in the service request, Tesla approved my appt but added a line item to the request along the lines of “remove front radar”.

I know that Vision has made it so radar in our cars aren’t even used, but it gave me pause. I have a powered frunk and wouldn’t want them messing with that but anyone else have this done? Can I request they not do the radar stuff? I just want the new yoke, but I don’t want to have to undo (and then redo) my powered frunk for them to do the yoke replacement. I don’t understand why they can’t just disable the radar via software (which is what I assume they’ve already done) but I digress.

Okay, now a bit of an oddball q - When I put in the service request, Tesla approved my appt but added a line item to the request along the lines of “remove front radar”.

I know that Vision has made it so radar in our cars aren’t even used, but it gave me pause. I have a powered frunk and wouldn’t want them messing with that but anyone else have this done? Can I request they not do it? I just want the new yoke, but I don’t want to have to undo (and then redo) my powered frunk for them to do the yoke replacement.
Is this a mobile appointment? You bought it, it's your radar and they can't take it from you. My mobile is in one week, I'll see what the invoice says. I also don’t want them messing with other things. Like an elephant in a China shop, risky and I don't trust 'em to not scratch or damage something.

Reactions: Spyderman09

I know that Vision has made it so radar in our cars aren’t even used, but it gave me pause. I have a powered frunk and wouldn’t want them messing with that but anyone else have this done? Can I request they not do the radar stuff? I just want the new yoke, but I don’t want to have to undo (and then redo) my powered frunk for them to do the yoke replacement. I don’t understand why they can’t just disable the radar via software (which is what I assume they’ve already done) but I digress.
It’s standard to put that line in. You can always request mobile service if applicable in your area.

Camera button. So you can take a picture? Why would you want to take a picture when all the cameras are running all the time? Sounds like a waste of a good button?
The continuous recordings are overwritten eventually.
The button probably "saves" the recordings. I have my horn button set to save the camerarecordings when you honk the horn. This probably does the same thing.

Is this a mobile appointment? You bought it, it's your radar and they can't take it from you. My mobile is in one week, I'll see what the invoice says. I also don’t want them messing with other things. Like an elephant in a China shop, risky and I don't trust 'em to not scratch or damage something.
It’s not listed as mobile (it pegged to a new service center that I haven’t been to but which has way more availability than my usual one) which is also what gives me pause.

I may just message them and ask them to take off that line, as I don’t want to deal with all of that for a yoke change. Would be curious if they added it to your mobile appt (if they didn’t, I’m definitely having them remove it from mine). Agree completely that they shouldn’t be touching it since I bought the vehicle with it.

It’s not listed as mobile (it pegged to a new service center that I haven’t been to but which has way more availability than my usual one) which is also what gives me pause.

I may just message them and ask them to take off that line, as I don’t want to deal with all of that for a yoke change. Would be curious if they added it to your mobile appt (if they didn’t, I’m definitely having them remove it from mine). Agree completely that they shouldn’t be touching it since I bought the vehicle with it.
It is something they’ve been doing as cars get processed through service. Shouldn’t really impact anything since the cars don’t use the radar anymore, but yeah I agree it seems like a pointless thing for them to do.

No it just brings up the camera display when you press it. I suspect the intention was to make bringing up the front facing camera more easily, but since Tesla seemingly decided not to roll that feature out to anything but the cybertruck, the button just seems oddly placed.

Marginally more useful probably would have been for it to function as a dashcam trigger. Or just make it completely customizable.
I think they should add the ability to make it customizable since it's really not that useful now.

Reactions: John in LB