Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X coming in 2-6 weeks - Tax savings between lease vs loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I am super excited about getting our Tesla Model X. We got a white long range (standard 20 inch rims, 7 seats and white interior). This will be our first electric car and visit charge stations instead of gas stations :)

We are looking into getting an at home wall charger and a few other accessories as well!

Currently we plan on financing the car through our business however we may decide to lease instead Anyone here purchased their car through their business? Any tax savings between financing, paying for it outright or leasing?

Btw I am in Ontario Canada. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences on this.

Thanks

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I am super excited about getting our Tesla Model X. We got a white long range (standard 20 inch rims, 7 seats and white interior). This will be our first electric car and visit charge stations instead of gas stations :)

We are looking into getting an at home wall charger and a few other accessories as well!

Currently we plan on financing the car through our business however we may decide to lease instead Anyone here purchased their car through their business? Any tax savings between financing, paying for it outright or leasing?

Btw I am in Ontario Canada. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences on this.

Thanks
I did mine through business. I will take advantage of section 179 which qualifies the model X for 25k tax deduction plus the difference is depreciated for the first year, so on and so forth. This was shown to me by my delivery advisor after my test drive. The model X is qualified by its gross weight. Section 179 is also known as the “Hummer loophole” which is legit for business owners.
Hope this helps

Reactions: wbhokie