Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S tops Mercedes S Class to become best selling luxury car in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As reported in Forbes, "Tesla Model S is the best selling luxury car in Western Europe, accelerating past traditional high-status and internal combustion engine powered favorites like the Mercedes S class, BMW 7 Series, Audi A8 and Porsche Panamera. In 2015, according to British-based newsletter Automotive Industry Data (AID) quoting what it called its exclusive statistics, Tesla sold 15,787 Model S sedans, beating out the Mercedes flagship S-class’s 14,990."

See original story at Tesla Model S tops Mercedes S Class to become best selling luxury car in Europe

That's USA and Europe down; now what are the Oz numbers?

As reported in Forbes, "Tesla Model S is the best selling luxury car in Western Europe, accelerating past traditional high-status and internal combustion engine powered favorites like the Mercedes S class, BMW 7 Series, Audi A8 and Porsche Panamera. In 2015, according to British-based newsletter Automotive Industry Data (AID) quoting what it called its exclusive statistics, Tesla sold 15,787 Model S sedans, beating out the Mercedes flagship S-class’s 14,990."

See original story at Tesla Model S tops Mercedes S Class to become best selling luxury car in Europe

That's USA and Europe down; now what are the Oz numbers?

It would be interesting know how much on average per car is spent advertising those German brands.

I guess 'Western Europe' doesn't include the UK. Here in London I've seen every type of Supercar, Bugatti Chiron, 918 Spyder etc in abundance but not a single Tesla of any description. (did see a LEAF this morning!)

Hypercar spotting is a popular pastime here with multiple dudes with iPhones & cameras surrounding anything exotic.

A sign of good things to come raynewman, I think Tesla will need that second production facility sooner rather than later when the Model 3 goes into production. The SA/Vic govts should get their act together and plead for Tesla to come in and utilise some of their 10,000 fully skilled workers available (redundant) in the sector.

Reactions: BenT