Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just recapitulating our collective knowledge with respect to the Cap Capricorn (I could have replaced the words "our collective" with the single word "Vedaprime's", but I did not want to hurt anyone's feelings).

Are we still thinking that it is more likely than not that the first batch of Model 3s will arrive on the Cap Capricorn?

Despite some comments suggesting that some Model 3s have been spotted here and there, I still think these might mostly be the press cars?

I did NOT get the impression that the Seoul Express delivered a significant number of cars - right?

Following a trip to the Blue Mountains yesterday, I am feeling a bit sick - though it could also be that my immune system is struggling to cope with the never ending excitement (sleepless nights, rapid pulse spike on reading some new snippet of news, etc) in relation to our imminent deliveries - so I am not sure whether or not I will be able to go out to Port Botany to witness the Cap Capricorn's arrival.

I would feel a bit silly if I went out there in the cold only to find out afterwards that the Model 3s had arrived on another ship - not that at my age I am too bothered about feeling a bit silly every now and then...

Anyway, what probability do we assign to the Cap Capricorn being IT?

Any info on Melbourne deliveries?
From the Melbourne Delivery email (Chatty Pinto):

We are anticipating for deliveries to commence end of August and will continue on throughout September. Our aim is to have all cars delivered by end of September. At this stage, we will be doing deliveries from Monday to Friday but are exploring the possibility of offering a small number if[sic] appointments after business hours on Thursday.

(That last was in response to my query about whether there would be options for collecting my vehicle outside of business hours; given that I live in the eastern suburbs, getting to Richmond - especially if I have a trade-in to drop off - will be painful if it has to be during business hours.)

Hi all,

I have ordered a P3- in Pearl White - prior to this becoming a standard colour. When the Pearl White was included as standard, I rang Tesla and was told that my Final Invoice would be adjusted and the $2100 would be removed. As the delivery day approaches I thought I would reach out to Tesla and confirm the details of my order. They now tell me that this credit will not be applied for any pearl white P3- orders. I thought I have read previously(somewhere in the 218 pages!) that others have had new invoices issued with this discount being applied for the P3-.

Can anyone in the same boat shed some light on this?

Hi all,

I have ordered a P3- in Pearl White - prior to this becoming a standard colour. When the Pearl White was included as standard, I rang Tesla and was told that my Final Invoice would be adjusted and the $2100 would be removed. As the delivery day approaches I thought I would reach out to Tesla and confirm the details of my order. They now tell me that this credit will not be applied for any pearl white P3- orders. I thought I have read previously(somewhere in the 218 pages!) that others have had new invoices issued with this discount being applied for the P3-.

Do you have a VIN in the source code? You should also be able to find the amount owin in the source code.

@DJW111 - I am in the same P3- Pearl White boat. Although someone many pages ago did suggest there would be an adjustment, the sense I have is that we will not get the adjustment downwards. If we wanted 'free' Pearl White paint, we would have had to reconfigure and make do with a LR AWD. So, I decided to keep my P3- order, and accept that I have paid about $3,000 (including LCT and duty) to get the performance spec. If they do adjust and give us the paint free, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I have a VIN in source code and checked on final price which has not changed since order - about $96k for me.

Hi all,

I have the same order as you and fully expect that same $2100 reduction as well. I'm sure everyone who ordered Peal White fully expects it to be removed given it was itemised on the order page.

Quite a lot has been happening. This might take a couple of hours to break down over a few posts.

First NZ news.
1. I have someone on twitter repeatedly say to many posts he was told by Tesla directly in Auckland, the vehicles were there, and are on the wharf. If this is true, it is pretty clear Cap Capricorn is the first load.

2. Three sleeper ‘press’ cars appeared in Auckland out of nowhere, MEQ425, MEQ426, and MEQ427 - i have checked the vins, and they all match the same batch as all the press cars vin registered in May. These have been hiding somewhere and have come out to play as demo vehicles. It just goes to show how easy for us not to spot cars. The numbers have been filling a blank range I had.

3. NZ have started to have new hidden vins reappear after disappearing last week, and as a different number. Have not had a chance to break this down.

Hi all,

I ordered a Pearl White M3P+ on the day orders opened (I am a reservation holder). On July 18 I received a new invoice (I did nothing on my end). This had 3 changes: 1. Pearl White Paint: Included (no cost). 2. M3LR: 85k. 3. Perf Upgrade: 6.2k.

So they did update my paint to no cost, but they also updated the actual car pricing as announced as well. Net for me was actually a few k cheaper. Not sure though if the only change was paint, if they updated. Was your model impacted by the change to the car / performance pricing?

Either way, if they updated min paint to zero, l and invoices me, they should for everyone.

Hi all,

No-one knows if they are in ....or on...the same boat

I ordered a Pearl White M3P+ on the day orders opened (I am a reservation holder). On July 18 I received a new invoice (I did nothing on my end). This had 3 changes: 1. Pearl White Paint: Included (no cost). 2. M3LR: 85k. 3. Perf Upgrade: 6.2k.

So they did update my paint to no cost, but they also updated the actual car pricing as announced as well. Net for me was actually a few k cheaper. Not sure though if the only change was paint, if they updated. Was your model impacted by the change to the car / performance pricing?

Either way, if they updated min paint to zero, l and invoices me, they should for everyone.
Just noticed you said you had a p3, so you should get a pricing update. You are exactly like mine.

Slightly unrelated, I then changed my order to the white interior a week later, end July and was invoiced again with the $1400 interior option (and still reflects the updated earlier pricing discounts).

I have resigned myself to assuming a September delivery due to the change :(

Just recapitulating our collective knowledge with respect to the Cap Capricorn (I could have replaced the words "our collective" with the single word "Vedaprime's", but I did not want to hurt anyone's feelings).

Are we still thinking that it is more likely than not that the first batch of Model 3s will arrive on the Cap Capricorn?

Despite some comments suggesting that some Model 3s have been spotted here and there, I still think these might mostly be the press cars?

I did NOT get the impression that the Seoul Express delivered a significant number of cars - right?

Following a trip to the Blue Mountains yesterday, I am feeling a bit sick - though it could also be that my immune system is struggling to cope with the never ending excitement (sleepless nights, rapid pulse spike on reading some new snippet of news, etc) in relation to our imminent deliveries - so I am not sure whether or not I will be able to go out to Port Botany to witness the Cap Capricorn's arrival.

I would feel a bit silly if I went out there in the cold only to find out afterwards that the Model 3s had arrived on another ship - not that at my age I am too bothered about feeling a bit silly every now and then...

Anyway, what probability do we assign to the Cap Capricorn being IT?
You can go to the dock and watch containers being unloaded. Thats about all you’ll see.
If anyone is on a plane sit on the left for departure or the right for landing and you too will see lots of containers coming off cap capricorn