Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Messed up DMV Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I leased a model Y from A Nashville area Tesla dealer (inventory vehicle) gave them my address info ( Knoxville area) and my plates showed up 3 days before the temp expired and the county on the plate is Williamson And I live in Union county. There was a letter attached saying they can only register in their county which sounds like total BS and I should go to my lical office to get it fixed. They can build this car but can’t get me a plate from my county, Really!!

So I leased a model Y from A Nashville area Tesla dealer (inventory vehicle) gave them my address info ( Knoxville area) and my plates showed up 3 days before the temp expired and the county on the plate is Williamson And I live in Union county. There was a letter attached saying they can only register in their county which sounds like total BS and I should go to my lical office to get it fixed. They can build this car but can’t get me a plate from my county, Really!!

Yep, this has always been a ridiculous case. I live in Nashville (Davidson Co) and when I received my plate it was from Williamson Co so I took it to the DMV and exchanged it.