Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla for P Plate NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I am on my P1 and I've seen on the Vehicle Restriction page that the 2017 Tesla Model X 60D is allowed to be driven by P1 in NSW. However, I couldn't find any new or old stock for sale. Do you guys know a way to get one as I am really into tesla. Or is there some reason that I'm missing out on why theres none in stock.

Thanks

The Model S 60 was available but I think few people ordered one and you need to be careful if you find one to determine if it’s one of 2 versions. The original version was only available from December 2014 until April 2015 then a 70 or 75Kw/h battery version replaced it; this version was software limited to 60 Kw/h and were available from 2015 to 2017. These later cars can be unlocked by Tesla to 75 Kw/h for a fee. So I’m pretty sure that the RMS P plate rating only applies to the earlier 2014/2015 version, of which there are most likely vanishingly small numbers.
Wikipedia states that Model X 60D was available from July to October 2016 only, so if any came to Australia they were manufactured in Late 2016 and also can be software unlocked to 75 Kw/h and would rival the Model S 60 in rarity.
Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Hi, I am on my P1 and I've seen on the Vehicle Restriction page that the 2017 Tesla Model X 60D is allowed to be driven by P1 in NSW. However, I couldn't find any new or old stock for sale. Do you guys know a way to get one as I am really into tesla. Or is there some reason that I'm missing out on why theres none in stock.

Thanks
Will make a recommendation, put the money you have saved for a Tesla into Tesla stocks, by the time you're on your black licence you'll have enough to buy multiple! I would also suggest looking at insurance costs for a P-Plater driving a Tesla, I suspect you'll struggle to find insurers that'll do it.

Will make a recommendation, put the money you have saved for a Tesla into Tesla stocks, by the time you're on your black licence you'll have enough to buy multiple!
I did contemplate directly investing in Tesla in May last year when the shares were at the equivalent of USD 35. They are now over USD 600. C’est la vie.

I wouldn’t buy Tesla shares now trading at a P/E of 1155. That’s my personal opinion, not financial advice.

• Disagree
Reactions: Chenkers
I did contemplate directly investing in Tesla in May last year when the shares were at the equivalent of USD 35. They are now over USD 600. C’est la vie.

I wouldn’t buy Tesla shares now trading at a P/E of 1155. That’s my personal opinion, not financial advice.

Not to derail this thread but valuing a company growing as rapidly as TSLA on P/E is pointless. By your own logic you were willing to invest when their P/E was infinite (i.e. negative earnings) yet now when its infinitely better you won't?

Use PEG when valuing a rapidly growing company. If you assume 50% CAGR growth and higher operating leverage over time the 2025 EPS is ~$15 (vs ~$1 now). As TSLA will continue to grow in the second half the decade just as rapidly (if not more) then a P/E ratio of 100 is not unrealistic to expect. This would make the 2025 Share Price around $1,600 if TSLA executes to plan. If we take a 20% risk per year then we end up with $655 net present value... or about what the current share price is.