Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app won’t connect to car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my tesla s to work again. I deleted the new tesla app and installed tesla app.4.14.3-1431 and now it works.
1) Unpair all blueooth devices on my phone
2) Remove all phone keys from the car and also remove audio/phone pairing from the car
3) reboot phone and car
4) Install tesla app 4.14.3 - 1431
5) Re-add phone key
6) re-add bluetooth audio

Oh wow, this worked for me as well after trying everything else! Thank you! Basically, I don't have premium connectivity and was using my phone to hotspot the car earlier today. Apparently that's what the car was searching for while parked, since it immediately connected and showed up in my app when I turned hotspot back on just now. When I turn it off, the car disappears. I'll have to mess with the settings from inside the car at some point, but this helped in the short term. Thx again!
Sweet man glad it helped! I work in IT so I had to do basic troubleshooting lol.

The reason you can connect to it everywhere other than your home is likely because you probably have Sentry Mode enabled, but configured not to be used when the car is at your home. Sentry Mode would keep the car from going to deep sleep.
I have the exact same problem with the app not connecting to my MY. It won't connect to it when the car is at home or at work (because Sentry Mode is not enabled for both of those locations) unless the car is not asleep. This issue started for me about 3 weeks ago. I've tried logging out of the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, updating the app, rebooting the car (holding both buttons while pressing the brake pedal). Nothing fixes this. My girlfriend has the exact same problem with the app on her phone also not able to connect to the car when it is asleep.
This morning I finally got fed up with it and created a service request with Tesla through the app. I haven't heard back from them yet, but my appointment is scheduled for Tuesday the 25th.
I read in another thread that someone else having similar issues had a part swapped out on their car by Tesla mobile service and that resolved it. The poster referred to the part as a "connectivity card".
For what it's worth, my car is a 2021 MYLR running 2022.20.18 (FSD 10.69.2.3).
This just started happening to my 2020 Model Y LR. Running Tesla Software 2023.12.1. Only happens when Sentry is app (which is typically at home where I like to precondition the vehicle). Booked a service request and the confirmed it was a firmware issue that they are looking into. Really annoying.

Yup, this worked for me, too. Strange.
I just did this (turned off wifi on phone) and worked for me as well. Thanks jrweiss.

The car is connected to the same wifi. Why did this work? I did not reinstall app nor reboot the car. Almost 10 years of Model S ownership and this has never happened to me. Still working out the little bugs. Either way, the forums save the day again.

I had the same issue everyone is describing with the app, I had the spinning circle and the app says "Car last seen X number of hours ago”. I rebooted the car (pressed and held both knobs/wheels on the steering wheel) and now the app is working. Let's hope it continues to work! Thanks for the help in this thread!