Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sylva, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like a regional Facebook group has spotted the pedestals and everyone is assuming they're live. I'm assuming they're mounted but not yet live. Has a transformer been spotted yet?

Also, it seems to have brought out a lot of people who are assuming these are free chargers and demanding to know who's paying. A few people are trying to tell them the car owners pay but I guess it's more fun to feel aggrieved than learn.

The Facebook group is: North Carolina Mountain Towns of Cashiers, Cherokee, Dillsboro, and Sylva. I don't follow it (the information was passed along to me separately) but it looks to me like most of the comments have been filtered out. Of over 500 comments, it's only showing me 20. You may be able to see them all if you follow the group. I'm not a regular Facebook user so I'm not sure how it works.

I didn't see anything new when I went searching just now. You might do what my wife did and call the Shell station. They told her about Duke being there that day and maybe they'll have more information now. If they do, please post back here.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
The Facebook group is: North Carolina Mountain Towns of Cashiers, Cherokee, Dillsboro, and Sylva. I don't follow it (the information was passed along to me separately) but it looks to me like most of the comments have been filtered out. Of over 500 comments, it's only showing me 20. You may be able to see them all if you follow the group. I'm not a regular Facebook user so I'm not sure how it works.

I didn't see anything new when I went searching just now. You might do what my wife did and call the Shell station. They told her about Duke being there that day and maybe they'll have more information now. If they do, please post back here.
Thanks for the info and for looking. There is a search function within FB groups and it did come up when I searched for Tesla.
Aside: there is also a FB Blue Ridge EV Club group that I follow there.

pnmIHrK.jpg

View attachment 1028436

This is finally showing in the app, but with 3 stalls down.
The Tesla commissioning team probably did what they could to get the site up while they were there, and made a list of what was needed for a return visit to get the other stalls functional. Hard to say if it was defective parts, or improper assembly by the contractor. Either way though the site is up which is great. Guessing those other stalls might take a bit to come online.

Ha, I thought someone would chime in with that (and hi Scott). So noooope Rivian owners do not have official access yet. Scrutinize those stories closer. Rivian owner forums are currently full of people a) excited about getting an email inviting them to get in line to someday get an adapter, b) trying out non-approved third party adapters and c) trying to borrow other folks adapters (again, non-approved). The Rivian-approved adapters have not gone out yet, and in my opinion* nobody should ever use a non-approved adapter. (*as an EE who has seen what high power failure modes look like)

Last edited:
Hey @ChrisC (!) --- I see what you mean about Rivian and there current state. The only adapter I've seen that seems to have gotten great reviews by a few tech people I respect were the A2Z ones.

Aside: I'm currently on a roadtrip and did a segway tour in Atlanta GA and had a great time.