Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Okeechobee, FL (Yeehaw Junction)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, the reported stated Superchargers provide a full charge in about an hour. Technically true in some cases but all of us long distance travelers know that is not how you travel on a road trip. Most stops are about 15 to 20 minutes.

The reporter stating it takes an hour to charge is irresponsible and inaccurate.
the reporter is not incorrect. the reporter said it takes an hour to get a full charge.
when have you experienced a 0-100% in less than an hour?
my model s takes about an hour and 10 minutes
maybe the lfp batteries and the cars who have their charging restricted from actual pack 100% take less than 1 hour

the reporter is not incorrect. the reporter said it takes an hour to get a full charge.
when have you experienced a 0-100% in less than an hour?
my model s takes about an hour and 10 minutes
maybe the lfp batteries and the cars who have their charging restricted from actual pack 100% take less than 1 hour
When traveling on a long road trip, here is what I do. I charge to 100% right before I'm about to leave the house (leaving the battery charged at 100% overnight is not good for the battery so you want to leave the house as soon as possible). Then, I stop to charge when I'm down to around 20% or less. In about 20-30 minutes, you should have 200+ miles of range added. You could charge to 100%, but the ability of the car to charge from 80% to 100% is very slow (purposely done by Tesla to preserve and protect the longevity of the battery), so it is more efficient to just charge to 80% and to travel on until you are down to 20% or less and then charge again.
So, yes the reporter may technically be correct, but practically, no one does that, nor do they have reason to do that.

When traveling on a long road trip, here is what I do. I charge to 100% right before I'm about to leave the house (leaving the battery charged at 100% overnight is not good for the battery so you want to leave the house as soon as possible). Then, I stop to charge when I'm down to around 20% or less. In about 20-30 minutes, you should have 200+ miles of range added. You could charge to 100%, but the ability of the car to charge from 80% to 100% is very slow (purposely done by Tesla to preserve and protect the longevity of the battery), so it is more efficient to just charge to 80% and to travel on until you are down to 20% or less and then charge again.
So, yes the reporter may technically be correct, but practically, no one does that, nor do they have reason to do that.
It really doesn't matter what you do, if the reporter did research they could add to their statement but they didn't, they left it very general. What I do doesn't matter either but I also charge to 100% and the longer I'm driving for the closer to 0% I get each charger because I don't have patience to wait