Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Oakland, CA - 2nd Street (LIVE 22 Nov 2020, 12 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been tracking this Supercharger's usage with that App I am writing and it looks like there are people coming and going at all hours, but this weekend I didn't see any usage between 11 pm Saturday and Sunday and 6 am the next day, but perhaps no one showed up.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 8.35.53 AM.png
I wonder if the person who is staffing the site doesn't need to take a meal break and has to lock the place up while he is gone. Weird that they put up the sign "Out of Order", when "Back in 30 min." would seem much more helpful. What would happen if you came back to get your car at 11:05 pm, that would suck, but I guess I have had that happen at garages in SF before, and it did suck.

I am not able to figure out a pattern by just tracking the usage at the station, there doesn't seem to be a closing time, but I often will not see any charging between 7 pm and 6 am. So I was driving back from the new Stockton SC and thought it being 2 am I'd give a peek at the Oakland 2nd st. and sure enough, the gates were down and a big Out Of Order sign was erected on a stand despite the big red SUPERCHARGERS sign.

But while I was struggling to get the perfect framing for a photo to represent this, a car pulled up to the isle not labelled Out of Order and pulled a ticket and the gate rose above his head and he drove into the garage, DUH! So obvious, if that dumb Out of Order sign wasn't distracting people from trying to get in.

F4C0BE6C-F941-4D68-B11B-2C57050C920D_1_105_c.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and BM3B
I wonder why Tesla doesn't start using V3 or a lighter weight cable on Urban stalls and the V3 cable on V2 stalls. Would save a lot of copper and make the cables less valuable for people just stealing the cables for scrap.

Though if stealing them for scrap, why leave 1 ft+ of cable on the post...

I was in Alameda today and was thinking of charging there for a few minutes. The Tesla nav wanted me to turn right inside the Posey tube into the parking garage and then pretended I had arrived before I was exiting the tunnel. You have to go underneath I880 before you can turn right on 7th. WTF?