Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Warm battery 1/3 SOC pulling 70 kW. Pretty sure max is 72. Confirmed Urban Supercharger instead of regular 135kW shared supercharger.

Enjoy!

EDIT: interestingly it went up to 74(?)

It's official on the nav app.

72 kW Urban Supercharger

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_093401.jpg
    IMG_20180121_093401.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 109
Posted a FB event on NW Tesla Owners Group for next Saturday (27th) for the meet and greet. In case you’re not part of that group, come out at 11am (weather permitting). Looks like we will have a good turn out.

Reactions: Xtek
So today I went to the Lynnwood SuC to do some “testing” and was impressed. Keep in mind these are 72kw urban chargers. I have a 75D, outside temp was ~45 degrees and the battery was warm.

Started out with 23% battery. Took a few mins to get up to 72kw but it stayed there up until 60% SOC. After that it tapered down at a rate of about 1kw per 1% battery until 90%. Took 50 mins to charge 23-90%. Peaked at 74kw/248mph

What I was surprised at was the rate was 70-73kw for most of the charge. There were two more Tesla’s charging as well. No noticeable loss when they plugged in (no surprise there).

2D36E0E8-4705-49A4-A3B2-E6B0753CF45D.jpeg
2A37830C-674A-4863-8C05-AFF45FB91BF9.jpeg
9FA98BF1-89B7-42E5-9EAF-ACA3161B1728.jpeg

Seems to be the case. What I also noticed is the nav screen updates within a minute or two when a Tesla arrives and leaves. Not that these chargers are packed.

Another interesting find is I’m now a believer that Fred Meyer is profiting nicely from locating the SuCs in their lots. Both owners who were charging went into the store to shop.

Reactions: taldric
Seems to be the case. What I also noticed is the nav screen updates within a minute or two when a Tesla arrives and leaves. Not that these chargers are packed.

Another interesting find is I’m now a believer that Fred Meyer is profiting nicely from locating the SuCs in their lots. Both owners who were charging went into the store to shop.
I have it on pretty good authority from a contact at Fred Meyer corporate (we actually own the non-FM half of the shopping center where the Alderwood chargers are, so talk with them sporadically) that they have an agreeemnt with Tesla to put these at most, of not all of their stores eventually for this very reason.

Will try to stop by on Saturday with my mom and her X. (Still waiting for mine. March cannot come fast enough.)

I spent $90 there instead of at my local Top Food, just because I wanted to try the SC. It’s a slam dunk business proposition.

I have it on pretty good authority from a contact at Fred Meyer corporate (we actually own the non-FM half of the shopping center where the Alderwood chargers are, so talk with them sporadically) that they have an agreeemnt with Tesla to put these at most, of not all of their stores eventually for this very reason.
That would be great news for people traveling to Mt. Rainier from the north. There are two Fred Meyer locations on the route through Puyallup, with two possible locations near the 167/410 interchange, and one of those near the proposed 167 extension to I5.

Seems like such a great move for Fred Meyers to offer superchargers for the Tesla network. Folks would naturally assume that Fred Meyers have charging and go there to make their purchases. I for one would.

Looking forward to meeting some folks this Saturday at the Lynnwood Supercharger.

Went to the Lynnwood Supercharger today and it was busy. Couple cars there when I arrived. A few stopped for quick charge and several new ones as I was leaving. In total saw about 8 teslas model s during my 45 minutes there. I did purchase a few beverages at their gas station convenience store. Figured that if they see their revenue increase, it is likely to speed up the build at other locations

Great location and I can tell that this is going to be a well utilized location.