Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hendersonville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hendersonville charger is active, but still not on the nav or app. Possibly because it's only charging at V1/urban charger rates.
1000128095.jpg

Hendersonville charger is active, but still not on the nav or app. Possibly because it's only charging at V1/urban charger rates.View attachment 1040723
There may well be reduce charging for some reason. However since its not possible to navigate to the site its possible the battery was simply too cool. It has been kinda chilly lately. It's often cool around Earth Day as is the case again this year.

Some "creative parking" there ;-)

Yes, I did head over in the morning after a night at the in laws. Had to be a jerk as I'm on my way to our new house with a trailer I didn't want to take the time to drop this time.
Tesla need to do better with pull-in or pull through spaces at their supercharger stations. Tesla have been planning a truck for several years but have not put many trailer friendly spaces out there. Tesla do much better in this regard in Europe, not sure why the US dos not have more trailer friendly spaces.

The site is now on the app!
Yep. The tech was back onsite again today. He finished upgrading the stations to support non Tesla vehicles yesterday and was working on the online status today. The good news is he is still with the Tesla Energy division working on Superchargers. The layoffs two weeks ago doubled his territory.

He headed to Smyrna after finishing at Hendersonville.

In the first full weekend of this station being on the navigation screen I saw that 4 stalls were in use. I dropped by to see where the vehicles are from.

One pulled away before I could get there, one was from Illinois, presumably travelling through. More interestingly two were from Williamson county, that's just 40 miles away. I don't charge in Williamson county when I go there because its well within range even at 50% SOC. Hmmm.

I had anticipated mostly Sumner county owners from apartment dwellers etc would use this station. That doesn't seem to be the case.

Found the mix of cars to be interesting and decided to share.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Some of the the owners from surrounding area might be in the group that like to collect pins or dots to their personal map of supercharger sites they've visited. You might be seeing some of those having noticed it showed up in the navigation or app a few days ago.

I picked up my Hendersonville dot this past Monday. Did that on my way from Florida back to Central Indiana. Hendersonville now makes number 178 on my list of visited locations.

In Other charging news for Hendersonville. This coming Tuesday at Hendersonville city hall plans for a new BP Gas station are being heard along with a permit for BP Pulse stations at that site. Not sure if the BP Pulse will use V4 superchargers or CCS dedicated stations. If I have time I'll have to attend the meeting to see what the plan is. FIngers crossed it's a V4 Supercharger location.

@Big Earl @corywright Will we be tracking BP Pulse locations here if they are V4 stalls?

One pulled away before I could get there, one was from Illinois, presumably travelling through.

FYI, even though this site is working (you all have successfully charged at it) and even appearing on the maps (in app and in car), the Tesla routing algorithm may not yet be sending long-distance drivers to it. We've seen that they'll "soft launch" a site and see how the early adopters do with it, before properly unleashing the hounds by including it in the pool of stations to automatically route the cars to. We've also seen new sites quickly go back offline after launch :)

Called by today when I saw only 3 stalls available. The Tesla tech was back working on one of the cabinets and had 3 stalls taken out of service. He was trying to fix a minor issue with the cabinet.

He said he has been very busy around Tennessee as the sites "are a mess". I asked him what problems he was seeing and he said it is neglect. His territory has expanded to include Tennessee. Apparently his predecessor wasn't doing an A! job. Good to see a tech who keeps his eye on things and proactively works the sites. He says right now Tennessee has only one downed stall, he should have Tennessee up to snuff pretty soon. Apparently a Michigan tech came down recently to help him resolve the issues he was seeing.