Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - El Dorado, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's showing on the nav screen.
PXL_20220902_180122578.jpg

Is this active? ABRP is routing me to this for my trip later this week. Would love to have this active rather than having to go down to south Wichita.
No one has confirmed here that it’s live, but there was a press release that it’s live and it’s in the Tesla Nav as being live, so the site is active. Be sure to report here after you charge if no one else has reported charging already.

@PLUS EV confirmed yesterday that both of the new Supercharger sites at the Towanda and Topeka Service Areas on the Turnpike are open and operational.

Reactions: ferventcoder
I used this on Wednesday. Works! Was getting 214kwh. Note that if you are going 35 south both google map and tesla tries to take you to next exit and turn around to get to this. You can just take the left exit going south to the service area. Was a great stop with hardies, dunken donuts, and an ezgo station.

Attachments

• 09D42CC9-0EE8-45E6-A333-FBBE881CA962.jpeg
    09D42CC9-0EE8-45E6-A333-FBBE881CA962.jpeg
    514 KB · Views: 45
Yeah the Nav does not handle the KS Turnpike service areas very well. I had the same issue at the Topeka service area.

I also wasn't sure what would happen in terms of my toll since I headed east from Topeka to the service area supercharger, and then headed back west to Topeka where I got off at the same toll plaza (about 10 miles total on the turnpike). It worked out fine though. The toll was 25 cents.

Note that you are not supposed to change direction on the Kansas Turnpike at the Service Area. If you enter the Service Area going West, you need to exit going West. If you want to turn around, you are supposed to take the next exit and then get back on the Turnpike.

Back when they had people collecting tolls, you could get your toll ticket stamped for changing directions at a Service Area. I don’t know if they can still do that with the automated systems they have in place now.

The FAQ on the Turnpike web site says you were charged a per-minute rate because you entered and left at the same place.

Note that you are not supposed to change direction on the Kansas Turnpike at the Service Area. If you enter the Service Area going West, you need to exit going West. If you want to turn around, you are supposed to take the next exit and then get back on the Turnpike.

Back when they had people collecting tolls, you could get your toll ticket stamped for changing directions at a Service Area. I don’t know if they can still do that with the automated systems they have in place now.

The FAQ on the Turnpike web site says you were charged a per-minute rate because you entered and left at the same place.
Oh....that's why my cost was $0.25 lol I was like...this is really low toll.

I'm glad I exited there then. Because I easily could have just kept heading on down to Eldorado.

There are no signs or gates saying you can't turn around at the communal (for both directions) service areas so that would be a fine worth challenging for one who is so inclined. It isn't realistic to expect people visiting from out of state to read the Turnpike website.