Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cisco, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First break in the clouds in what seems like weeks here in North Texas. Also was our first road trip in Fandango, and what a great road car the Model 3 is! Not only comfy, but (since I don't have EAP) the cruise control is rock solid. Up a hill, down a hill, straightaway, the speed never varies. Even when we went down Ranger Hill (did a lot of regen on that 6% grade!)/

I do agree with the poster above that the Cisco location is pretty chaotic. We hit it yesterday about lunchtime and the place was jammed. Two pickups with trailers had almost 3/4 ICE'd the chargers but we went to the end and plugged in, and they left shortly afterward. Many people were in pickups pulling trailers (it must be deer season as a lot of them had ATVs in them) and there wasn't a whole lot of room for everyone to maneuver or park. The Flying J management should seriously consider pull-through parking in the back not only for the semis, which is there, but for the folks in trucks and SUVs who are pulling trailers. And someday when a Tesla pickup can do that. :)

My wife and I took lunch in the Denny's attached to the Flying J, which surprised us how good the food was. My car was done charging right as our food order arrived, so I moved it to avoid being an EV hole, even though there was only one other Model 3 there charging. As we sat inside eating, a diesel pickup was outside the window idling, and spewing smoke. Across from it, a gasoline tanker truck was replenishing the pumps. I was struck how antiquated the whole scene was, even knowing many would look at me and think it ridiculous to wait 30 minutes to re-energize my car. I in turn think how my car never spews emissions at idle, or ever, and how relaxing it is to take a break from the road like we were doing.

The condition of the Cisco Supercharger site is of concern, however. Not only is the one station still knocked over, others have been backed into. Does Tesla have any ongoing maintenance and repair program for these chargers? It's one thing to install them everywhere - which is great - it's another to keep that infrastructure intact over many years. As more Model 3s take to the roads, and superchargers nationwide (not just in California) see heavier use, maintenance and repairs needs will rise.

IMG_2528.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Stopped at Cisco today to charge and found the place in better shape. Pushed over station had been righted, and wheel stops installed in all of the stalls. The broken down utility cart is still there (would it kill them to just push it forward a few feet?) and one of the supercharger stations wouldn’t plug into my car. I didn’t get its number but I think it’s the third one from the end where the busted cart is. It had caution tape at the very base of it, as if it had been marked off at some point but the wind blew it down.

4B is damaged. Think it was broken fairly recently as PlugShare entries for the site didn't mention it, even recent ones. I've posted this on PlugShare and submitted it to Tesla through their app using the Supercharger Feedback form. Took some pics too.

IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1600.JPG