Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer Family Trip: Rear Seat Console cupholder? Front Console? Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are planning a long trip in the car this summer, I have seen lots of posts on rear consoles, most of them with bad results. Even the Tesla Rear Seat Console has issues. Anyone know of a GOOD rear console that wont break? I also would not like to lose my middle seat, maybe something on the floor?? My overall goal is to be able to put an iPad holder somewhere so both kids can watch movies without having to hold the iPad, And hold drinks so they do not spill. Any good NEW options out there?

I also am considering a front console for additional cup holders, as we may want full use of the armrest for the trip?

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
Why not get the official Tesla integrated center console? It addresses most of your requests: extra front cup holders so you don't lose the armrests, cup holders for the rear without losing the middle seat. It's pricey but a nice retrofit. No regrets getting it on my 2014.

Tesla — Model S Integrated Center Console
Wow, I don't want to spend $1200 for this. The rear cup holders rattle according to reports. The EVamped set up , both Front and Rear is about $750 and looks better. I think I will go this route.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Follow up: We took the boys on Spring Break, the Front and Rear cup holders were an absolute hit on our trip. Plus, the boys could charge their electronics in the back seat. Well worth the expense and frustration of where to put 4 beverages in this car. When we stopped at Superchargers, everyone had to take a look. I know the new cars have the rear cup holders now, but we did not want to upgrade at this time. Our car is just a year old. Great solution for those who have pre-rear cup holder models. I have to say Customer service was excellent also. We actually got an email making sure we were satisfied and asking how our trip was. That does not happen much today.