Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spiderguy Roadster fun drive 7/15/2017 - Lick Observatory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My knee went out the next day, so I'm late posting pictures. Will try to get to them tonight

Great drive. My V2.5 with the single motor/dual blower upgrade did not have any overheating/power issues and I was near the front of the pack. I had also just had annual service done, so things were pretty clean there as well.

Thanks again, Spiderguy, for setting this up. Good drive, Great company, and dinner along the route. Weather even co-operated mostly. And yes, no dupes on the colors. There was an electric blue that came to the meeting point, but couldn't make the drive. What other colors were we missing, if any?

Reactions: wiztecy
In my case, not only isn't it needed, it's physical therapy not to have it. I told this story before, so I'll keep it short, but basically I had shoulder surgery a while ago, and as long as I drive my Roadster the shoulder is happy, but a few weeks without it an it starts to hurt. This isn't a joke; I couldn't make up anything quite that good. :)

So are you saying that I, as an orthopedic surgeon, should be advocating Tesla Roadster therapy as part of a shoulder pain protocol? Are saying that I can use my Tesla Roadster as a tax write-off?

Somehow, I am comfortable with that!

TOBASH

Reactions: AtAge19 and tvuolo
I just want to save the following:

We here on the East Coast feel that you're discriminating against us. It is my feeling that spider should organize a drive featuring his vehicles on a trip from here in Brooklyn, NY to the Lick Observatory.

Further, upon careful inspection,I have noticed that there are no white Roadsters at your meeting. is it possible that you are discriminating against white because it is a shade and not a color. Is that possibly behind why you have not invited me, a Brooklyn resident, on one of these drives?

We have plenty of the observatories here in New York that we can also lick, even if they taste of old cement.

;-)~~~

Some more pixs.
_BL21864.JPG

_BL21871.JPG

_BL21877.JPG

_BL21880.JPG

_BL21888.JPG

_BL21892.JPG

_BL21894.JPG
_BL21906.JPG

_BL21923.JPG

This one is from across the valley looking towards Mount Hamilton when I got home, and you can see two of the observatories at the topmost peak towards the left.
_BL21928.JPG

the roadster has manual steering? no power steering..?

Steering feedback during handling is becoming a lost art as more and more companies adopt steer by wire especially as autonomy looms on the horizon for most cars. Some of the better cars in the world have become or are already numb (including tesla S, which in all other aspects is simply brilliant). The roadster's manual steering is gem , especially with the top off at 6am on the empty twisty back country roads with 75 degree weather like this am!