Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some Sig X owners have scheduled delivery dates in December 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I would get this thread back on track and update it...

Taking delivery tomorrow in Costa Mesa SC at 3pm!
(Silver P90D) From the sound of it, there will be multiple deliveries happening tomorrow.
I am pleased to report that my DS called during the night of 12/30 to say, "Delivery early in the morning."

They pulled off a miracle, as this is the first Model X to be delivered at the this SC. Details to follow after the "ceremony".

Late on 12/30: The "My Tesla" screen still shows "Confirmed, Your Model X order has been confirmed." However, there is a bright red button to the left of the "View Profile" button. It says: "ACCEPT DELIVERY".

I am pleased to report that my DS called during the night of 12/30 to say, "Delivery early in the morning."

They pulled off a miracle, as this is the first Model X to be delivered at the this SC. Details to follow after the "ceremony".

Late on 12/30: The "My Tesla" screen still shows "Confirmed, Your Model X order has been confirmed." However, there is a bright red button to the left of the "View Profile" button. It says: "ACCEPT DELIVERY".

Hey, great, finally! Congratulations. Though that´s quite a short notice... Looking forward to your pics!

I believe the correct test method is accomplished using cases of beer...

Actually I believe it's sorority pledges

saffrons-rule-pledges-stuffed-in-a-car-2.jpg

Very happy to hear this Mark. Be well. Have fun. Drive safe

Mark,
I am obsessive lurker and sometimes poster. I have been following your delivery story. Congratulations!!!

Woohoo! Congrats Mark!

Mark, glad to hear your good news.

I on the other hand got this today.

I just checked on you Model X this morning. It hasn't yet cleared our pre-delivery inspections. From looking at the service notes, there are few fitment and alignment issues that are currently working on. We want to make sure your Model X is perfect before we release it, but unfortunately this is causing a delay in delivery and it is not likely that we will finish today.

Mark, glad to hear your good news.

I on the other hand got this today.

I just checked on you Model X this morning. It hasn't yet cleared our pre-delivery inspections. From looking at the service notes, there are few fitment and alignment issues that are currently working on. We want to make sure your Model X is perfect before we release it, but unfortunately this is causing a delay in delivery and it is not likely that we will finish today.
Delivery was successful and memorable. The entire store and many Tesla management were there for the Academy Award style event. Emotional to say the least since this was the first delivery of Model X in Buena Park.

Service Center is staying busy with Model X. Plenty of tweaks to work on. One suggestion, do not move the rear seats to the upright position while the cargo floor is in place. Bending to the carpet can occur. Some re-engineering should be done. More to mention later. I enjoy the ease of entry, higher profile seating and most of all, the windshield. It's an inspirational experience to look up and see the trees. Streets that have been okay to drive suddenly become magnificent displays of nature. Totally amazing! Interior seems quieter. Ride nice, even with 22" wheels. Ludicrous is outrageous. Autopilot the same on steering wheel feel.

Well, time to go back to the service center for one more try on the fix to the seat programming. The Tesla team is getting it done right. Here is a preview, more photos tomorrow. Enjoy the video! Return in 2016 to see the photos I was taking. You are only seeing a fraction of the people in the video.

Model X Delivery | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

UPDATE: Open the link again! Additional photos and full descriptions make the photo album now more complete as mentioned above. I enjoyed sharing Model X with friends on New Years Eve. Without question, a "Theme Park" ride experience with Ludicrous Mode. Looking forward to additional software and hardware updates to Model X to maintain the Tesla Motors tradition of their vehicles getting better with each service visit or software update. Thank you Tesla Motors for making it possible and to those who were on hand at 8:30 AM on 12/31 to share their enthusiasm for this delivery and Service Plus location that features many CPO Model S to test drive today!

Last edited:
Delivery was successful and memorable. The entire store and many Tesla management were there for the Academy Award style event. Emotional to say the least since this was the first delivery of Model X in Buena Park.

Service Center is staying busy with Model X. Plenty of tweaks to work on. One suggestion, do not move the rear seats to the upright position while the cargo floor is in place. Bending to the carpet can occur. Some re-engineering should be done. More to mention later. I enjoy the ease of entry, higher profile seating and most of all, the windshield. It's an inspirational experience to look up and see the trees. Streets that have been okay to drive suddenly become magnificent displays of nature. Totally amazing! Interior seems quieter. Ride nice, even with 22" wheels. Ludicrous is outrageous. Autopilot the same on steering wheel feel.

Well, time to go back to the service center for one more try on the fix to the seat programming. The Tesla team is getting it done right. Here is a preview, more photos tomorrow. Enjoy the video! Return in 2016 to see the photos I was taking. You are only seeing a fraction of the people in the video.

Congratulations! Thanks for the post and the pictures / video. The joy on your face when you enter through the door is wonderful to see.
Can't wait to hear more impressions.

Mark - Congrats!!!!

Quick question: what is the distance from the floor of the X to the top of the seat bottom cushion when the seat is set to its highest position?
I had a chance to measure it tonight. With the seat in it's highest position, the distance from the top of the seat cushion to the floor is 15" (measured in front of the seat). The distance in the lowest setting is 13".

Congratulations, Mark! Hope to hear another great experience from you or at least a better experience than someone named Elie Rothstein's post on the Facebook's Tesla Model X owners' group. Happy 2016!