Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smart Summon Coming to Canada This Weekend

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol that was awesome. Tried it at a shoppers lot parked slightly far and had it pull out and come to the front. The look on the face of this other lady about to pull out when the Tesla’s about to pass her and no one in the car it was sooo funny let me see if I have it in recent. Worked awesome

Only real use case is pouring rain... but then visibility is poor... conflicts of interest lol
Here is another use.

I take my elderly in-laws out. Now I don’t have to choose between (i) walking them the distance to the car (which is risky), or (ii) leaving them standing alone while I go get the car (which is risky).

I think this could be a great benefit for those who have friends or family with mobility challenges.

First time I tried it was at the Vaughan Mills parking lot towards closing time so it wasn’t too busy. I parked near the Tesla superchargers and wanted it to come to the front entrance. The range wasn’t enough so I had to do it half way, which it did an amazing job at. Then when the 2nd target was in front of the entrance, Instead of turning right and merging with flow of traffic it went straight a bit and then turned right and it was literally in front of oncoming traffic. I quickly ran in the car and saw the person I’m blocking is a Model X so if that was anyone in here hope you had a good laugh.

Worked well in no frills / beer store / staples parking lot, but not ready for Costco yet IMO. Just too scary when you cannot clearly see what it is doing, and there is a lot of traffic. Elon has stated they are polishing the feature now, and will update in a couple of months. Probably getting a lot of data back from the fleet now on performance. Will probably take another step forward with move to optimized Hw3 version in the new year.

I think V10 was a milestone, and the next big step will be on HW3 optimized version probably about March of next year, when they have most of the HW3 upgrades done.

• Funny
Reactions: TrevTremaine
Worked well in no frills / beer store / staples parking lot, but not ready for Costco yet IMO. Just too scary when you cannot clearly see what it is doing, and there is a lot of traffic. Elon has stated they are polishing the feature now, and will update in a couple of months. Probably getting a lot of data back from the fleet now on performance. Will probably take another step forward with move to optimized Hw3 version in the new year.

I think V10 was a milestone, and the next big step will be on HW3 optimized version probably about March of next year, when they have most of the HW3 upgrades done.

Heck, just walking through my local Costco is dangerous and has a high risk of cart accidents. It's not the car, it's the drivers who feel compelled to challenge those trying to get out of parking spots (yet want the parking spot too).

Yes - check in the Autopilot screen Summon settings and you can disable the Smart Summon standby.

Very noticeable vampire drain when I left my car parked at the airport for a week. Almost could not make it back home!!!

add the airport location where you park as a favorite. Then in smart summon standby, select except at home and favorite locations

Tried it last night in the Metro parking at Lawrence Plaza. Even at night the parking lot is semi busy but the car backed out of the spot nicely and then had a straight clear shot down the aisle. Worked pretty well.
Tried it this morning in the Home Depot parking lot across from Costco. Did an ok job but I didn’t have good eyes on it and then it seemed to stop when there was cross traffic. It likely could have continued to me but I bailed early and got in.
I have to say though, seeing the car move on it’s own and drive towards me gives me a strange “personal” feeling with the car. Crazy I know.

Reactions: Doctor X
Tried it last night in the Metro parking at Lawrence Plaza. Even at night the parking lot is semi busy but the car backed out of the spot nicely and then had a straight clear shot down the aisle. Worked pretty well.
Tried it this morning in the Home Depot parking lot across from Costco. Did an ok job but I didn’t have good eyes on it and then it seemed to stop when there was cross traffic. It likely could have continued to me but I bailed early and got in.
I have to say though, seeing the car move on it’s own and drive towards me gives me a strange “personal” feeling with the car. Crazy I know.
That’s my hood, good to hear!

It will detect cross traffic intersections and pause. It should say in the app 'pausing for intersection' or something like that.