Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

side mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder is there a small LCD monitor that could go in the front corner of my driver's window by that little speaker so that the video from the side camera could go there? It makes no sense to look to my right to see the blind spot video feed when I just want to look toward the mirror on the door. I ask in prep for removing mirrors on CT.

I wonder is there a small LCD monitor that could go in the front corner of my driver's window by that little speaker so that the video from the side camera could go there? It makes no sense to look to my right to see the blind spot video feed when I just want to look toward the mirror on the door. I ask in prep for removing mirrors on CT.
The latest Cybertrucks have mirrors. It's the feds that still require them.

Depending which state you live in they can be removed. My question was about having a tv monitor on the door pillar when the mirror is removed. :)
I just looked at one site, it seems as if new cars are required by federal law and past that it is state law. But I looked at a collection of state laws and couldn't find one that they weren't required.

Can you name an example of states that don't require them?

Sure, there are a ton of little screens out there, just search Amazon.

But I'm pretty sure that the answer to "Is anyone building monitors that can connect to the door's camera for a Tesla" is No.

I just looked at one site, it seems as if new cars are required by federal law and past that it is state law. But I looked at a collection of state laws and couldn't find one that they weren't required.

Can you name an example of states that don't require them?

Sure, there are a ton of little screens out there, just search Amazon.

But I'm pretty sure that the answer to "Is anyone building monitors that can connect to the door's camera for a Tesla" is No.
I’m going by what “the Elon “ said.