Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

schedule for charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you want to?

Battery preservation. Studies show the batteries will last the longest when charged regularly to 60-70%. 90% is still safe, but will experience more degradation. This way he can lower it to preserve during the week; most likely when his commute is shorter. On the weekend, bump up to accomodate more driving.

Battery preservation. Studies show the batteries will last the longest when charged regularly to 60-70%. 90% is still safe, but will experience more degradation. This way he can lower it to preserve during the week; most likely when his commute is shorter. On the weekend, bump up to accomodate more driving.
That’s accomplishing absolutely nothing. He’s treating himself, not the battery. While a study may shown a statistically significant difference in battery life betweeen 90% and 70% charges, it’s not a meaningful difference for the car. After five years of the Model S there hasn’t been any difference in range shown regardless how one charged the car.

I suggest the OP chill out, let the battery management system manage the battery, and just enjoy the car.

There is a display slider that you can use to adjust the amount of charge. It remembers that last adjustment every time, so you only need to move it when you want to change the amount. Only takes a second and it displays everytime you plug in.

EZ-Peazy.
And really, what would this save? Let's count the touches:
Touch the charging screen(1). Press the up arrow twice to move it from 70% to 90% (2,3). Close charging screen(4).

If this feature were implemented, you would touch the charging screen(1). Touch the setting you want for "week" or "weekend"(2). Close charging screen(3).

Wow. So this is wanting to have Tesla spending programmer time to work on developing this functionality, the implementation of it into the user interface, compatibility and regression testing, etc. etc. just to make this feature take only 3 touches instead of 4? That seems really ridiculous.

That’s accomplishing absolutely nothing. He’s treating himself, not the battery. While a study may shown a statistically significant difference in battery life betweeen 90% and 70% charges, it’s not a meaningful difference for the car. After five years of the Model S there hasn’t been any difference in range shown regardless how one charged the car.

I suggest the OP chill out, let the battery management system manage the battery, and just enjoy the car.

Geese. Relax, I wasn’t looking for an argument. You asked why one might want to, that’s what I could see as justification. I didn’t know opinions and thoughts weren’t allowed