Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sc01 headache used model s unable to verify

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're right. So a test drive to the Supercharger should confirm, right? He could reimburse the dealership if there was a charge for the 5 minutes of charging.
No, you can't test it this way. The SC01 gets stripped at the time when the new owner registers it in their Tesla account. Right now, it's sitting in a nice but misleading limbo state where SC01 still works, because neither Tesla nor the dealership has registered the car in a new Tesla account.

Reactions: ngng
I did it for mine at the dealership that had all the account information. It answers the question of 'how to be sure.'
By the way, if the dealership is able to transfer the account, it is capable of providing the info as I described.
They have no information about that. I kindly asked them if they would contact the last owner and ask him if he would be willing to talk with me about the "history" of the car. For example repairs etc. They immediately replied with a clear NO.
Which is strange to me. How I see the situation is that they want to sell a car that has no history and they make sure I will not get any information what I need for a vice decision. But they confirmed the car is nice and clean and it's waiting for me to test drive and buy it. I think I have to give up with these guys.
There are plenty of other types of dealers who understood what I needed and gave the right information or at least directed me to the right direction instantly.

Thank you guys for the help I will keep you updated if I find one.