Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RSVP for pre-Tesla event meet-up

How many people (including yourself) will be attending the meet-up at City Beach?

• one

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • two

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • three

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • four

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like 2-4PM will be best. I think the campus is only 4.5 miles away so shouldn't be long drive. The event starts at 5PM but what time are they recommending people get there?

I'll call BJ's brewhouse early next week and see if that time is available.

I hope to attend and since my wife cannot attend, I'm dragging along a friend who I'm hoping will buy a Model S. I've already convinced him to put solar on his house, and he just added a ground source heat pump - so I'm hopeful I can close a Model S sale as well - and then his conversion to the electromotive force will be complete!

I just called to book it. For more than 25 people, they only do it under an event contract so a buffet style menu (can pick it out on their website) with unlimited food and soft drinks/water. Manager said it ranges from $15-25 per person. What do people want to do? Sounds like self pay is not an option. Someone would have to collect the $600-1000 from everyone and put it on one bill. I think everyone taking care of their own tab (especially when people start ordering drinks) would be easier.
We can just reserve multiple tables of large parties of 10 or so but people wouldn't necessarily site together. I don't know the area but are there other options if people don't want to do this?

Last edited:
Manager is missing a big opportunity using an event style contract. I don't see how it will work with someone having to collect the money to put it on one bill. That's my thoughts anyway.

---Kent

BJ's large party menu is here (PDF).

For $20/person we could do the "Endless portion" Pizzas and the "Endless Appetizers", and soft drinks (including tax and tip it comes to $19.80).

The way these things usually work is that anyone who wants alcohol can order and pay for that independently. The biggest problem is they probably won't let you have people there who aren't eating (or at least paying like they're eating).

Last edited:
Manager is missing a big opportunity using an event style contract. I don't see how it will work with someone having to collect the money to put it on one bill. That's my thoughts anyway.

---Kent

I agree. It would be nice for people to come and go as they please and not have to worry about finding one person to figure out how to pay their bill instead of their own tab. If any locals have a better place in mind, post it here. Or we could just reserve tables of ten under names like Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr. Orange, Mr. Pink, and Mr. White.

...I don't know the area but are there other options if people don't want to do this?

There is a local bar & grill inside a sports complex called City Beach. It's about a mile from the factory. I checked with the restaurant this afternoon and they can accommodate 60 people with additional overflow in their patio area. Separate checks and no contract. Let me know if you want to go this route. Fremont :: City Beach

Restaurant details: http://www.citybeach.com/food-fun/restaurant-2/

Last edited:
I agree. It would be nice for people to come and go as they please and not have to worry about finding one person to figure out how to pay their bill instead of their own tab. If any locals have a better place in mind, post it here. Or we could just reserve tables of ten under names like Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr. Orange, Mr. Pink, and Mr. White.

Mr. White? Shades of 007; Bond that is. James Bond.

Mr. White? Shades of 007; Bond that is. James Bond.
No, it's these guys:

reservoir-dogs1.jpg

Mr. Blonde, Mr. Blue, Mr. Orange, Mr. Pink, and Mr. White.
You're missing Mr. Brown. (Photo is missing Mr. Blue.)

There is a local bar & grill inside a sports complex called City Beach. It's about a mile from the factory. I checked with the restaurant this afternoon and they can accommodate 60 people with additional overflow in their patio area. Separate checks and no contract. Let me know if you want to go this route. Fremont :: City Beach

Restaurant details: http://www.citybeach.com/food-fun/restaurant-2/

This place looks good. I say we go with this unless people don't want to. If you're able to book it without putting any money down, go ahead and do it. Thanks. If they need you to put a deposit down, wait until people chime in I guess to make sure people are ok with the place. I think it looks like a good option. Send me a PM if you're able to book it. I can call them too if you want later in the week. Thanks.