Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roundtable Roundup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AperiodicCoder

Supporting Member
Oct 2, 2015
Hickory, NC
Referral Code
As of posting this, I'm a little under 2 posts per year, so you can see that I'm a lurker. But I very much enjoy the discussions here, and particularly follow the Roundtable quite a bit. Given that I don't always have time to view every post, I thought I'd throw some automation at it and put together a list of top posts to "give back" a little. I find this useful, and hope you do as well.

Last edited:
Now I definitely prefer not counting Funnies, or only counting Helpfuls and Informatives. Could you try that?

You've earned my deepest gratitude for creating the first tangible effort. And I like the thread name. Including the complete text of each post would [edit - make for much easier scanning and usability] be even better. Thank you!

Perhaps I just have really poor scanning skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: friit
Great inititative! it is indeed hard / impossible to review past threads in an effective manner with all the noisy conversation - it does add some color, but yeah, takes up time and synaptic 'nergy.
Next steps would be 2 D linked map, Google like reputation indexes .. heh heh .. maybe we could get some AI / NN grad student interested in this ?

Now I definitely prefer not counting Funnies, or only counting Helpfuls and Informatives. Could you try that?

You've earned my deepest gratitude for creating the first tangible effort. And I like the thread name. Including the complete text of each post would [edit - make for much easier scanning and usability] be even better. Thank you!

Perhaps I just have really poor scanning skills.

Great feedback! Based on your suggestions, I've split out posts into a few different categories.

Regarding including the complete text: I agree that it's tempting, but I'd worry about somewhat detracting from the original post, as well as potentially making my post very large. Instead, I hope the message preview (capped at 300 characters right now) provides an easy way to let you recall if you've seen that particular post or not.

May be
Great feedback! Based on your suggestions, I've split out posts into a few different categories.

Regarding including the complete text: I agree that it's tempting, but I'd worry about somewhat detracting from the original post, as well as potentially making my post very large. Instead, I hope the message preview (capped at 300 characters right now) provides an easy way to let you recall if you've seen that particular post or not.

Sigh.. I actually enjoyed grouping everything together (minus disagrees).

Daily Roundup: 13 September

Top 10 Informative + Helpful

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
gabeincal
23 | Link ➤

12 Sep 23:03
Fremont Drone Sep 12, 2020

Fair amount of building materials left at 47700 Kato but a lot less than our first video
Why no solar panels on top of the Fremont Factory?
Previously visible cast panels disappeared - moved to the nearby building visible from Gigacasts
Roof of Gigacast 1 near complete
Gi...
Bet TSLA
22 | Link ➤

13 Sep 5:01
Elon dishes on the cost of Tesla solar: Elon Musk Explains Why Tesla Solar Power Is So Cheap — CleanTechnica Exclusive

“Solar panel cost is only ~50 cents/Watt. Mounting hardware, inverter and wiring is ~25 cents/Watt. Installation is ~50 cents/Watt, depending on system size."

“The other solar com...
Curt Renz
15 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:18
NPR - today: Longtime Climate Science Denier Hired At NOAA
willow_hiller
11 | Link ➤

13 Sep 15:32
After such a well written article, I'm surprised CleanTechnica made that mistake. Tesla advertises $1.49/watt as their price after the Federal Tax Credit. Before incentives, it's $2.01/watt. So after $0.75/watt on hardware and $0.50/watt on installation means that Tesla is making $0.76/watt in profi...
Hytra
10 | Link ➤

13 Sep 15:14
https://twitter.com/ReflexFunds/status/1305146782159196162

Intersting thread :
"Heat pump is in production Aug. 2020. Tesla ordered 200k/year for Car 1 starting Jan 2020, 450k/year for Car2 starting Aug 2020."

It's about supplier for giga Shangai
Artful Dodger
10 | Link ➤

13 Sep 10:43
Mayur Thaker, DFFF @freshjiva (Threadreader)

1. "Tesla's new tabless 'Roadrunner' in-house cell with 1 million mile / 4000 charge cycle capacity will be the final solution to permanently shift cost economics from petrol cars to EVs. 'Battery Day' may go down as one of the most seminal moments in au...
Lycanthrope
9 | Link ➤

13 Sep 12:17
Our very own @avoigt has made a video of Tesla's presentation to the Brandenburg Parliament
Right_Said_Fred
8 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:34
The difficulties start when your mind begins spending all those paper gains on nice things like a new Tesla, a bigger house, a boat, a vacation home or you even start thinking about an early retirement. You start getting too much attached to the money and then it hurts a lot more when those paper ga...
heltok
6 | Link ➤

13 Sep 7:16
Construction in Texas is picking up, start looking at 15min15s into this video:
Unpilot
5 | Link ➤

13 Sep 11:44
There are several posters here who while I do not block...I just skim the first few words and then usually move on.
Some are just to negative in tone...some are so wordy it would take forever to read.

Set your own filter and move on.

Top 10 Loved + Liked

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Right_Said_Fred
38 | Link ➤

The difficulties start when your mind begins spending all those paper gains on nice things like a new Tesla, a bigger house, a boat, a vacation home or you even start thinking about an early retirement. You start getting too much attached to the money and then it hurts a lot more when those paper ga...
Right_Said_Fred
35 | Link ➤

13 Sep 12:14
AudubonB didn’t forbid us from posting how much our TSLA holdings are worth, he gave an advice. A strong one. And I fully understand his wish to look out for us, for our well-being.

Personally I have no problems with people disclosing those numbers. In fact, I regularly do that myself in the ‘optio...
Lycanthrope
36 | Link ➤

13 Sep 9:58
Breaking news: Tesla investor discusses Tesla investments on Tesla investments forum

It's just money dude, I have no problem disclosing it, I'm not hiding it from the tax-man.

You don't want to talk about yours, fine, who cares?
Unpilot
28 | Link ➤

13 Sep 13:06
My method is a pretty complex system filled with tons of charts and lines and stuff.
However to clean it up for the unwashed among us it works like this....

First I buy some when ever I have extra money...Then I don't sell.
Later when I have more extra money I buy more....here is the key part...I d...
KevinR
25 | Link ➤

12 Sep 21:17
about 84% of my financial "net worth" is in Tesla
about 99% of my retirement is in Tesla
about 95% of my hopes for our collective future are in Tesla
(the other 5% are what drives my stress)

There is no financially "safer" investment than TSLA.
Diversify?! Don't make me laugh!

I will go into reti...
Lycanthrope
26 | Link ➤

13 Sep 12:13
I've an open invitation for any forum members to share some beers, if and when they pass Brussels. Indeed already met up with some folks from this forum and Twitter in recent years.
Krugerrand
20 | Link ➤

13 Sep 13:59
Meh. It behooves people to develop a better relationship with money. Being uncomfortable talking about it/thinking about it is one of the very reasons why so many don’t have as much as they’d like, why so many panic when the SP goes down, why so many make poor money decisions throughout their lives....
dl003
14 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:30
Im slightly different. I think thats as long term investors, Im more interested in what I can actually take home. Although Im not fooling myself into thinking I can value TSLA, I was prepared for a big drop because it had all the signs of a FOMO blow off top; the question was when. I was not disappo...
Right_Said_Fred
13 | Link ➤

13 Sep 7:43
The thread derailed once again.

A lot of questions about option/tax strategy have now been moved to Options trading strategy/advice

And the talk about climate change/politics was deleted since we do no longer have the toxic Market Politics thread to move it to. I may have missed a few though, so ...
Lycanthrope
16 | Link ➤

13 Sep 7:56
Basically 100% of mine worth is in $TSLA - which is why my net worth is around $1.8m as of close Friday as opposed to zero.

Funny anecdote - was negotiating this house purchase on Friday evening with the estate-agent and the seller. In order to justify my preferred timing of the contract signature ...

Top 10 Funny

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
CorneliusXX
14 | Link ➤

13 Sep 12:42
My name isn't Cornelius the twentieth either.
Lycanthrope
12 | Link ➤

Basically 100% of mine worth is in $TSLA - which is why my net worth is around $1.8m as of close Friday as opposed to zero.

Funny anecdote - was negotiating this house purchase on Friday evening with the estate-agent and the seller. In order to justify my preferred timing of the contract signature ...
S3XY
10 | Link ➤

13 Sep 14:15
I agree about the anonymity here for the most part. I provide enough details that someone who knows me could likely figure out it's me but random online users could not. Lycanthrope provided enough details about the new house that anyone with more than just a little initiative could figure out where...
ZeApelido
10 | Link ➤

13 Sep 13:55
Just spoofed all y'alls ip addresses, hacked out your keystrokes and consolidated all your TSLA shares into my account.

Total value of shares : $156,660

Posers
Bet TSLA
6 | Link ➤

13 Sep 15:59
Give me a break. You also claim to live in Buffalo. Both of those can't be true at the same time.
SoGA Fan Club
6 | Link ➤

13 Sep 0:22
My gosh, that's a lot of words, yet you said nothing. WTF?
ZeApelido
6 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:16
After November 3rd, it might only cost you 2 pence
S3XY
5 | Link ➤

13 Sep 16:29
Hey, I'm in perfect shape. Unfortunately that shape is a circle though.
Krugerrand
3 | Link ➤

13 Sep 13:48
I am Krugerrand and will answer to that under all circumstances. I’ve yet to fully grasp why people insist on trying to change others; telling them what they should and should not post (Mod exception obviously because it’s their glorious job to try and control the herd of dysfunctional humans), and ...
Artful Dodger
3 | Link ➤

13 Sep 8:50
If Toyota does get the 'cork' out, by 2028 Toyota sales will be topped by Rickola Motors.

Top 10 Total Positive Votes

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Right_Said_Fred
46 | Link ➤

Right_Said_Fred
38 | Link ➤

AudubonB didn’t forbid us from posting how much our TSLA holdings are worth, he gave an advice. A strong one. And I fully understand his wish to look out for us, for our well-being.

Personally I have no problems with people disclosing those numbers. In fact, I regularly do that myself in the ‘optio...
Lycanthrope
38 | Link ➤

Breaking news: Tesla investor discusses Tesla investments on Tesla investments forum

It's just money dude, I have no problem disclosing it, I'm not hiding it from the tax-man.

Unpilot
32 | Link ➤

My method is a pretty complex system filled with tons of charts and lines and stuff.

Lycanthrope
29 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
28 | Link ➤

I've an open invitation for any forum members to share some beers, if and when they pass Brussels. Indeed already met up with some folks from this forum and Twitter in recent years.
gabeincal
28 | Link ➤

Fair amount of building materials left at 47700 Kato but a lot less than our first video
Previously visible cast panels disappeared - moved to the nearby building visible from Gigacasts
Gi...
Bet TSLA
26 | Link ➤

Elon dishes on the cost of Tesla solar: Elon Musk Explains Why Tesla Solar Power Is So Cheap — CleanTechnica Exclusive

“Solar panel cost is only ~50 cents/Watt. Mounting hardware, inverter and wiring is ~25 cents/Watt. Installation is ~50 cents/Watt, depending on system size."

“The other solar com...
KevinR
26 | Link ➤

I will go into reti...
Krugerrand
22 | Link ➤

I am Krugerrand and will answer to that under all circumstances. I’ve yet to fully grasp why people insist on trying to change others; telling them what they should and should not post (Mod exception obviously because it’s their glorious job to try and control the herd of dysfunctional humans), and ...

Thanks!

Would be great if you had a daily thread also, suggestion top posts from 36h to 12h before. Imo score=loves+likes+informative+funny-disagree

EDIT: saw that I got my wish even before I pressed post! Awesome! <3

Daily Roundup: 13 September

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
gabeincal
23 | Link ➤

Gi...
Bet TSLA
22 | Link ➤

“The other solar com...
Curt Renz
15 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:18
NPR - today: Longtime Climate Science Denier Hired At NOAA
willow_hiller
11 | Link ➤

After such a well written article, I'm surprised CleanTechnica made that mistake. Tesla advertises $1.49/watt as their price after the Federal Tax Credit. Before incentives, it's $2.01/watt. So after $0.75/watt on hardware and $0.50/watt on installation means that Tesla is making $0.76/watt in profi...
Hytra
10 | Link ➤

Intersting thread :
"Heat pump is in production Aug. 2020. Tesla ordered 200k/year for Car 1 starting Jan 2020, 450k/year for Car2 starting Aug 2020."

Artful Dodger
10 | Link ➤

13 Sep 10:43
Mayur Thaker, DFFF @freshjiva (Threadreader)

1. "Tesla's new tabless 'Roadrunner' in-house cell with 1 million mile / 4000 charge cycle capacity will be the final solution to permanently shift cost economics from petrol cars to EVs. 'Battery Day' may go down as one of the most seminal moments in au...
Lycanthrope
9 | Link ➤

13 Sep 12:17
Our very own @avoigt has made a video of Tesla's presentation to the Brandenburg Parliament
Right_Said_Fred
8 | Link ➤

heltok
6 | Link ➤

13 Sep 7:16
Construction in Texas is picking up, start looking at 15min15s into this video:
Unpilot
5 | Link ➤

13 Sep 11:44
There are several posters here who while I do not block...I just skim the first few words and then usually move on.
Some are just to negative in tone...some are so wordy it would take forever to read.

Set your own filter and move on.

Top 10 Loved + Liked

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Right_Said_Fred
38 | Link ➤

Right_Said_Fred
35 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
36 | Link ➤

Unpilot
28 | Link ➤

KevinR
25 | Link ➤

I will go into reti...
Lycanthrope
26 | Link ➤

Krugerrand
20 | Link ➤

Meh. It behooves people to develop a better relationship with money. Being uncomfortable talking about it/thinking about it is one of the very reasons why so many don’t have as much as they’d like, why so many panic when the SP goes down, why so many make poor money decisions throughout their lives....
dl003
14 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:30
Im slightly different. I think thats as long term investors, Im more interested in what I can actually take home. Although Im not fooling myself into thinking I can value TSLA, I was prepared for a big drop because it had all the signs of a FOMO blow off top; the question was when. I was not disappo...
Right_Said_Fred
13 | Link ➤

13 Sep 7:43
The thread derailed once again.

A lot of questions about option/tax strategy have now been moved to Options trading strategy/advice

And the talk about climate change/politics was deleted since we do no longer have the toxic Market Politics thread to move it to. I may have missed a few though, so ...
Lycanthrope
16 | Link ➤

Top 10 Funny

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
CorneliusXX
14 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
12 | Link ➤

S3XY
10 | Link ➤

13 Sep 14:15
I agree about the anonymity here for the most part. I provide enough details that someone who knows me could likely figure out it's me but random online users could not. Lycanthrope provided enough details about the new house that anyone with more than just a little initiative could figure out where...
ZeApelido
10 | Link ➤

Just spoofed all y'alls ip addresses, hacked out your keystrokes and consolidated all your TSLA shares into my account.

Posers
Bet TSLA
6 | Link ➤

13 Sep 15:59
Give me a break. You also claim to live in Buffalo. Both of those can't be true at the same time.
SoGA Fan Club
6 | Link ➤

13 Sep 0:22
My gosh, that's a lot of words, yet you said nothing. WTF?
ZeApelido
6 | Link ➤

12 Sep 22:16
After November 3rd, it might only cost you 2 pence
S3XY
5 | Link ➤

13 Sep 16:29
Hey, I'm in perfect shape. Unfortunately that shape is a circle though.
Krugerrand
3 | Link ➤

Artful Dodger
3 | Link ➤

13 Sep 8:50
If Toyota does get the 'cork' out, by 2028 Toyota sales will be topped by Rickola Motors.

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Right_Said_Fred
46 | Link ➤

Right_Said_Fred
38 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
38 | Link ➤

Unpilot
32 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
29 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
28 | Link ➤

gabeincal
28 | Link ➤

Gi...
Bet TSLA
26 | Link ➤

“The other solar com...
KevinR
26 | Link ➤

I will go into reti...
Krugerrand
22 | Link ➤

Gosh, I'm in every category, in some cases multiple times, and here I was, thinking I was some kind fo pariah! :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Electroman
Thanks!

Would be great if you had a daily thread also, suggestion top posts from 36h to 12h before. Imo score=loves+likes+informative+funny-disagree

EDIT: saw that I got my wish even before I pressed post! Awesome! <3

I think for the daily I'll do 36h before -- this way any posts that are quite new when I post the daily would have time to appear the next day.

Daily Roundup: 14 September
Posts from 13 Sep 09:21 GMT to 14 Sep 20:51 GMT
Votes as of 14 Sep 20:52 GMT

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
emerson06
37 | Link ➤

14 Sep 8:50
Increased EV incentives in Sweden: 70k SEK ($8000) if you buy a new EV. Up from $6800.
willow_hiller
29 | Link ➤

14 Sep 12:58
Exciting development on Solar Roof this morning: Tesla partners with other companies to install solar roof tiles - Electrek

Tesla is already producing the tiles faster than they can install them. They've so far partnered with Good Faith Energy out of Dallas-Fort Worth (picture of their first instal...
ggr
27 | Link ➤

14 Sep 17:56
Fantastic twitter thread this morning from someone I've never heard of. Basically he says that Tesla/Musk are running multiple feedback loops that improve the products and the company, that are extremely hard to analyze using traditional valuation metrics. Highly recommend reading it.
https://twitte...
MP3Mike
27 | Link ➤

14 Sep 3:08
Interesting information: https://twitter.com/carsonight/status/1305332657622978560?s=20
Artful Dodger
26 | Link ➤

Considering that Tesla recently:

licenced to sell electricty in western Europe (EPEX spot power exchange)
sent out a survey in Germany about switching Energy Suppliers:
supply contract linked to owning of a rooftop solar system
Tesla Powerwall home storage device with Tesla software (Autobidder?)

Lycanthrope
25 | Link ➤

14 Sep 9:40
EU about to announce stricter emission, etc:

Sorry it's a Bloomberg link: New EU Climate Plan Brings End of the Combustion Engine Closer

New EU Climate Plan Brings End of the Combustion Engine Closer

14 September 2020, 08:53 CEST

European Commission to propose stricter 2030 emissions-cut
EU Gr...
EVMeister
21 | Link ➤

14 Sep 14:39
FYI: Tesla Announces Updates to 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and Battery Day Event | Tesla, Inc. states:

"Live video webcasts of the 2020 Annual Meeting and Tesla’s Battery Day event will be accessible to the general public at www.tesla.com/2020shareholdermeeting."
JBRR
21 | Link ➤

14 Sep 10:16
Tesla investors should be watching for M&A for S&P inclusion

"
The index committee aims to pick the companies that best represent their industries, while keeping the weighting of the sector in check against the others, which include information technology, health care, and financials, so the index'...
willow_hiller
20 | Link ➤

Hytra
19 | Link ➤

Intersting thread :

Top 10 Loved + Liked

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Right_Said_Fred
51 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
45 | Link ➤

Unpilot
35 | Link ➤

avoigt
30 | Link ➤

14 Sep 11:10
It's my most watched video ever already after just 6 online days and has been fun to record.

My next video will be about the reactions and statements from all party fractions after the presentation from Tesla in the Brandenburg Parliament. That's even more interesting I believe as it allows a glan...
jhm
28 | Link ➤

14 Sep 14:03
A few points about a million mile drive train.

There is international trade in used vehicles. Many developing countries import more used vehicles than they import or build new.

The economics of refurbishing or repurposing are much better in countries with low low costs than in more affluent coun...
Krugerrand
28 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
34 | Link ➤

Bet TSLA
17 | Link ➤

13 Sep 17:01
Yeah, sorry. I think living in Mordor is getting to me. Fires everywhere. Can't breathe the air. Thankfully, we haven't had to evacuate yet. I'm glad I have the option to hide in my Model S with the air conditioning and biohazard defense mode on. My daughter slept in it a couple of nights.
Paul_SF
24 | Link ➤

14 Sep 16:57
Chamath with some advice:

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1305550186341564417?s=21
Artful Dodger
16 | Link ➤

14 Sep 9:56
Cathie Wood has commented specifically that ARK Invest scenarios DO NOT include Tesla Energy because the other Analysts on Wall St. aren't including T.E.

ARK want's their SP targets to be directly comparible to other Wall St. estimates on an apples-to-apples basis (no easy-weasel route out when ot...

Top 10 Funny

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
juanmedina
52 | Link ➤

14 Sep 1:22
{no text}
dl003
37 | Link ➤

14 Sep 14:56
TSLA buying TikTok is the only catalyst we need for 600+.
StealthP3D
24 | Link ➤

13 Sep 19:12
You put about the same amount of thought into that estimate as you put into your first test "drive" of a fully autonomous electric vehicle:
UnknownSoldier
23 | Link ➤

14 Sep 19:32
Imagine owning a normal stock which doesn't swing 20-30% in a routine week.

Yeah, I can't imagine that either.
Fobble
20 | Link ➤

14 Sep 16:19
You expect them to talk about BD? They even ignore the obvious of TSLA up >9%. Headline from CNBC below: ORCL up 4%, NVDA up 6%. They even talked about NKLA up 6%. TSLA was not mentioned.

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Oracle, Nvidia, Immunomedics, Overstock & more
ggr
17 | Link ➤

14 Sep 17:07
Cough once for one day off. Cough twice for 14 days off.
CorneliusXX
16 | Link ➤

ZeApelido
16 | Link ➤

Posers
fiveten
15 | Link ➤

14 Sep 19:44
My brother asks me to text him if anything crazy happens with Tesla during the day (he is too busy to check). I haven't texted him today lol, 11% gain is not crazy for Tesla
LN1_Casey
15 | Link ➤

14 Sep 12:27
So this means us non-invited people get to go there and press our faces against the fence line like orphans looking into the window on Christmas day?

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
juanmedina
55 | Link ➤

14 Sep 1:22
{no text}
Right_Said_Fred
55 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
47 | Link ➤

emerson06
45 | Link ➤

Increased EV incentives in Sweden: 70k SEK ($8000) if you buy a new EV. Up from $6800.
Unpilot
40 | Link ➤

dl003
38 | Link ➤

jhm
37 | Link ➤

There is international trade in used vehicles. Many developing countries import more used vehicles than they import or build new.

The economics of refurbishing or repurposing are much better in countries with low low costs than in more affluent coun...
Lycanthrope
37 | Link ➤

ggr
36 | Link ➤

Fantastic twitter thread this morning from someone I've never heard of. Basically he says that Tesla/Musk are running multiple feedback loops that improve the products and the company, that are extremely hard to analyze using traditional valuation metrics. Highly recommend reading it.
Lycanthrope
36 | Link ➤

Sorry it's a Bloomberg link: New EU Climate Plan Brings End of the Combustion Engine Closer

EU Gr...

Top 5 Authors - Total Positive Votes

AuthorVotesPostsVotes
Per
[td]223[/td][td]20[/td][td]11.2[/td] [tr][td]Artful Dodger[/td][td]187[/td][td]15[/td][td]12.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]dl003[/td][td]117[/td][td]11[/td][td]10.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]Unpilot[/td][td]116[/td][td]8[/td][td]14.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Krugerrand[/td][td]109[/td][td]9[/td][td]12.1[/td][/tr]

Edit: fix post times.

Last edited:
Daily Roundup: 15 September
Posts from 14 Sep 08:41 GMT to 15 Sep 20:27 GMT
Votes as of 15 Sep 20:34 GMT

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
ggr
39 | Link ➤

emerson06
38 | Link ➤

BlackS
32 | Link ➤

15 Sep 14:45
{no text}
willow_hiller
30 | Link ➤

14 Sep 12:58
Exciting development on Solar Roof this morning: Tesla partners with other companies to install solar roof tiles - Electrek

Tesla is already producing the tiles faster than they can install them. They've so far partnered with Good Faith Energy out of Dallas-Fort Worth (picture of their first instal...
kengchang
27 | Link ➤

14 Sep 20:28
Tesla surges 11% amid Goldman Sachs report that weekly app downloads show growth in China

Don't think this got posted
Lycanthrope
27 | Link ➤

EU Gr...
Artful Dodger
27 | Link ➤

Considering that Tesla recently:

licenced to sell electricty in western Europe (EPEX spot power exchange)
sent out a survey in Germany about switching Energy Suppliers:
supply contract linked to owning of a rooftop solar system
Tesla Powerwall home storage device with Tesla software (Autobidder?)

JBRR
26 | Link ➤

15 Sep 8:37
Proposed or pending S&P500 M&A, sorted by largest.
EVMeister
23 | Link ➤

14 Sep 14:39
FYI: Tesla Announces Updates to 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders and Battery Day Event | Tesla, Inc. states:

"Live video webcasts of the 2020 Annual Meeting and Tesla’s Battery Day event will be accessible to the general public at www.tesla.com/2020shareholdermeeting."
JBRR
23 | Link ➤

14 Sep 10:16
Tesla investors should be watching for M&A for S&P inclusion

"
The index committee aims to pick the companies that best represent their industries, while keeping the weighting of the sector in check against the others, which include information technology, health care, and financials, so the index'...

Top 10 Loved + Liked

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
StealthP3D
45 | Link ➤

14 Sep 19:54
You know what the funny thing is?

Some people hear this advice from successful millionaires and billionaires. But they think they are smarter. And most of them have middling returns (yes, some lose everything and even fewer do better, that is the nature of speculation) while people of average intel...
ggies07
33 | Link ➤

15 Sep 1:25
Man I was Andrea....wish she was still covering Tesla.
jhm
33 | Link ➤

Words of HABIT
32 | Link ➤

15 Sep 11:27
Took this photo last night at 7pm, just outside of Toronto. Not a cloud in the sky and one could stare directly into the sun without squinting due to smoke particles from the fires burning in Oregon and California 2,200 miles to the West. This is why I invest wholeheartedly in Tesla. We are all in t...
avoigt
32 | Link ➤

It's my most watched video ever already after just 6 online days and has been fun to record.

My next video will be about the reactions and statements from all party fractions after the presentation from Tesla in the Brandenburg Parliament. That's even more interesting I believe as it allows a glan...
ggr
29 | Link ➤

15 Sep 15:59
Semi-Mod: the back-and-forth from all parties about million mile battery shall stop now. --ggr
Paul_SF
28 | Link ➤

14 Sep 16:57
Chamath with some advice:

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1305550186341564417?s=21
corduroy
26 | Link ➤

14 Sep 20:22
After 2 years of my convincing, my 76 year old mother finally bought 40 shares of TSLA last week. She's ecstatic being up $2k in a few days and now is asking me about Model Ys
ggr
23 | Link ➤

15 Sep 14:15
If you have to ask, don't do it.
Mike Smith
22 | Link ➤

15 Sep 10:08
The typical analyst reaction to Battery Day would have been that it all sounds very expensive and risky. By Tesla raising $5B beforehand that reaction will be muted and the SP will be much better off. That was a very smart time to raise.

Top 10 Funny

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Krugerrand
40 | Link ➤

15 Sep 12:24
A few thoughts:

1) I just finished watching the movie Paycheck, which caused me to reflect more deeply on the implications of knowing the future. My conclusion was that I’m now far less excited about knowing what’s coming for sure particularly if it ends poorly, but even if it ends well a lot of th...
elasalle
38 | Link ➤

15 Sep 13:54
OK All, delete your Tesla App, and download it again ... seems Goldman is tracking downloads
dl003
38 | Link ➤

UnknownSoldier
34 | Link ➤

14 Sep 19:32
Imagine owning a normal stock which doesn't swing 20-30% in a routine week.

Yeah, I can't imagine that either.
Zaxxon
31 | Link ➤

15 Sep 13:43
Another new piece of slang, in the spirit of Joe Mode--can we get Tesla to rename neutral to Nikola Mode?
Lycanthrope
23 | Link ➤

15 Sep 14:54
Keep the day-job, dude...
Fobble
23 | Link ➤

14 Sep 16:19
You expect them to talk about BD? They even ignore the obvious of TSLA up >9%. Headline from CNBC below: ORCL up 4%, NVDA up 6%. They even talked about NKLA up 6%. TSLA was not mentioned.

Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Oracle, Nvidia, Immunomedics, Overstock & more
InDaClub
22 | Link ➤

15 Sep 3:37
Hope your sub $300 bet works out for you.
fiveten
22 | Link ➤

14 Sep 19:44
My brother asks me to text him if anything crazy happens with Tesla during the day (he is too busy to check). I haven't texted him today lol, 11% gain is not crazy for Tesla
JusRelax
19 | Link ➤

15 Sep 3:44
{no text}

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
ggr
58 | Link ➤

Krugerrand
48 | Link ➤

A few thoughts:

1) I just finished watching the movie Paycheck, which caused me to reflect more deeply on the implications of knowing the future. My conclusion was that I’m now far less excited about knowing what’s coming for sure particularly if it ends poorly, but even if it ends well a lot of th...
StealthP3D
48 | Link ➤

14 Sep 19:54
You know what the funny thing is?

Some people hear this advice from successful millionaires and billionaires. But they think they are smarter. And most of them have middling returns (yes, some lose everything and even fewer do better, that is the nature of speculation) while people of average intel...
emerson06
47 | Link ➤

Words of HABIT
44 | Link ➤

Took this photo last night at 7pm, just outside of Toronto. Not a cloud in the sky and one could stare directly into the sun without squinting due to smoke particles from the fires burning in Oregon and California 2,200 miles to the West. This is why I invest wholeheartedly in Tesla. We are all in t...
jhm
42 | Link ➤

elasalle
40 | Link ➤

OK All, delete your Tesla App, and download it again ... seems Goldman is tracking downloads
dl003
39 | Link ➤

Lycanthrope
39 | Link ➤

EU Gr...
avoigt
38 | Link ➤

AuthorVotesPostsVotes
Per
[td]275[/td][td]36[/td][td]7.6[/td] [tr][td]Artful Dodger[/td][td]247[/td][td]19[/td][td]13[/td][/tr][tr][td]ggr[/td][td]199[/td][td]14[/td][td]14.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]StealthP3D[/td][td]146[/td][td]21[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dancing Lemur[/td][td]131[/td][td]12[/td][td]10.9[/td][/tr]

Edit: fix bug leaving out Loves in "Loved + Liked" table.

Last edited:
Reactions: ggr and CarlS
I'm loving these - I can see the most important posts without having the time to read all 20-100 pages for the day.

I have a suggestion, though. I can't seem to phrase this right but, should there be more of a time delay from the posts to the lists? The posts that are made just before your list is generated do not have time to collect likes, hearts, etc. so they could end up being highly rated posts, but not end up in your list.

I'm loving these - I can see the most important posts without having the time to read all 20-100 pages for the day.

I have a suggestion, though. I can't seem to phrase this right but, should there be more of a time delay from the posts to the lists? The posts that are made just before your list is generated do not have time to collect likes, hearts, etc. so they could end up being highly rated posts, but not end up in your list.

I'm going back 36h for daily posts for this reason (see subtitle "Posts from 14 Sep 08:41 GMT to 15 Sep 20:27 GMT"), so some of the posts from today may not show up until tomorrow. I'm definitely open to tweaking the time of delivery, though. I run it manually right now, so I'm basically doing it a bit after closing.

Reactions: UncaNed and CarlS
Daily Roundup: 16 September
Posts from 15 Sep 08:37 GMT to 16 Sep 20:31 GMT
Votes as of 16 Sep 20:32 GMT

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Johann Koeber
46 | Link ➤

16 Sep 16:42
Just another data point:

I ordered another M3 SR+ here in Germany yesterday. The order page says delivery in 5-10 weeks. Long time for me.

As in the other quarters, I then called Tesla and asked to match me a car already on its way. The surprising result: all cars in transit are spoken for. No SR...
BlackS
34 | Link ➤

{no text}
Remster32
29 | Link ➤

16 Sep 16:34
Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank issued Battery Day previews today.

Credit Suisse raises their price target from $280 to $400.
Deutsche Bank raises their price target from $300 to $400.
MissAutobahn
29 | Link ➤

16 Sep 10:08
Did someone already mention that Tesla benefits on every single car sold in the EU due to the current bad $ devaluation in relation to the €?
Almost 8% of extra gains since last year.
Curt Renz
29 | Link ➤

16 Sep 1:14
Benzinga - 1.5 hours ago:

Pete Najarian Sees Unusual Options Activity In Nio And Tesla

Excerpt:

He also noticed high activity in Tesla Inc TSLA 7.18%.

Around 600,000 contracts were traded in the first 90 minutes of trading Tuesday. Traders bought around 30,000 contracts of the September $450 cal...
MarcoRP
29 | Link ➤

15 Sep 18:55
Was gonna post about it this morning but totally forgot. Turns out it’s 56 V3 stalls and 9 “other” charging stations at an upcoming travel plaza (nope, not only Tesla).

Some photos and thread: Supercharger - Firebaugh, CA (50+ Superchargers under construction)
Chunky Jr.
28 | Link ➤

15 Sep 22:43
For what it's worth...

https://twitter.com/TroyTeslike/status/1305998283580551168

Hi everybody. My Tesla delivery estimate is now,

• 144,000 for Q3 2020
• 187,000 for Q4 2020
• 510,387 for 2020
JBRR
27 | Link ➤

15 Sep 8:37
Proposed or pending S&P500 M&A, sorted by largest.
gabeincal
22 | Link ➤

16 Sep 17:32
No S or X in Stanford either...
Mike Smith
22 | Link ➤

16 Sep 10:38
Fred says he has confirmation from another source that these are the new Roadrunner cells Tesla is making. They're around 4X the volume of the 2170 cells.

First look at Tesla's new battery cell produced in-house with Roadrunner - Electrek

Top 10 Loved + Liked

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Words of HABIT
35 | Link ➤

Krugerrand
33 | Link ➤

15 Sep 23:07
@Words of HABIT I just got off a video chat with Mom. Strangely enough out-of-the-blue she asked (I did not mention it) how the SP was doing. We haven’t spoken about it since she called $2,500. I told her it was currently $480 post split. She nodded and blithely said it’s going to $900 and then $100...
ggr
32 | Link ➤

Semi-Mod: the back-and-forth from all parties about million mile battery shall stop now. --ggr
Rockster
31 | Link ➤

15 Sep 21:47
This post caught my eye so I went back over the financial statements for Apple and Tesla from 2011 until now to compare their R&D expenditures.

Tesla: About $8 billion total R&D expenditures from 2011 through 2020.
Apple: About $95 billion during the same time period.

I won't deny that Apple has a...
Artful Dodger
30 | Link ➤

16 Sep 15:41
You're operating in a logistics vacuum. There is exactly 0.0000% chance that Tesla replaces the Panasonic 2170 / GF1 supply chain with roadrunner cells.

None.

Panasonic has a 3 yr contract with Tesla that specifies price and volume of deliveries. Even a global pandemic could not stop that steamrol...
Green Pete
30 | Link ➤

15 Sep 17:22
I'm watching the apple event. It's amazing that the company with a larger pile of cash company in the world devotes a section of a annual event to a silicon watch band with no buckle as a major development. I can't even imagine what tesla could accomplish with that same cash pile. This is just makin...
Chickenlittle
27 | Link ➤

16 Sep 12:46
You have no clue about musk
ZachF
26 | Link ➤

"Potential target of $75/KWh"

Ten years ago Li-Ion batteries cost $1,000/KWh.

I can't believe people actually think ICE (or hydrogen) stands a chance....
ggr
25 | Link ➤

15 Sep 14:15
If you have to ask, don't do it.
Krugerrand
22 | Link ➤

16 Sep 19:12
Hold.

Top 10 Funny

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Krugerrand
49 | Link ➤

@Words of HABIT I just got off a video chat with Mom. Strangely enough out-of-the-blue she asked (I did not mention it) how the SP was doing. We haven’t spoken about it since she called $2,500. I told her it was currently $480 post split. She nodded and blithely said it’s going to $900 and then $100...
Krugerrand
42 | Link ➤

A few thoughts:

elasalle
40 | Link ➤

Zaxxon
34 | Link ➤

Another new piece of slang, in the spirit of Joe Mode--can we get Tesla to rename neutral to Nikola Mode?
Words of HABIT
28 | Link ➤

16 Sep 1:49
The @Krugerrand, thanks for this. Very much appreciated. O'k, so $900, then $1,000, this year. Brilliant! I just have one more question. Does your mom know what year this is?
BlackS
28 | Link ➤

15 Sep 19:45
This day in $TSLA history 4 years ago:
AudubonB
27 | Link ➤

15 Sep 20:49
From that @TeslaHistorian reel, I noticed a fine example of how our Dearest FriendQ Bertel got it right, or very nearly so:

Yep. Didn't VW unleash just about that many units? whoo Whoo WHOO!
Thekiwi
27 | Link ➤

15 Sep 21:14
Lol
StealthP3D
26 | Link ➤

16 Sep 16:04
Wall Street analysts know a lot about batteries. They are surprisingly sophisticated:

Smaller cells = more advanced (AKA "AAA" cells or super high-tech button cells
Bigger cells = less advanced (AKA "D" cells) very clunky!

If Tesla wants the clueless Wall Street analysts to understand why a bigger...
Silentkeravelt
24 | Link ➤

15 Sep 22:48
Spotted on Twitter - rare photo of Mark Spiegel as a young child:

Author /
Votes /
Time (GMT)
Content Preview
Krugerrand
84 | Link ➤

Johann Koeber
59 | Link ➤

Just another data point:

I ordered another M3 SR+ here in Germany yesterday. The order page says delivery in 5-10 weeks. Long time for me.

As in the other quarters, I then called Tesla and asked to match me a car already on its way. The surprising result: all cars in transit are spoken for. No SR...
Krugerrand
50 | Link ➤

A few thoughts:

Words of HABIT
47 | Link ➤

elasalle
44 | Link ➤

Rockster
40 | Link ➤

15 Sep 21:47
This post caught my eye so I went back over the financial statements for Apple and Tesla from 2011 until now to compare their R&D expenditures.

Tesla: About $8 billion total R&D expenditures from 2011 through 2020.
Apple: About $95 billion during the same time period.

I won't deny that Apple has a...
BlackS
38 | Link ➤

{no text}
BlackS
36 | Link ➤

15 Sep 19:45
This day in $TSLA history 4 years ago:
ggr
36 | Link ➤

Zaxxon
36 | Link ➤

Author /
Votes
PostsVotes
Per
Lycanthrope
[td]38[/td][td]5.4[/td][td]
  1. Keep the day-job, dude...
  2. It's a quarterly expiration this week, so lots of ...
  3. BBC spilling the beans on PHEV's Plug-in hybrids a...
  4. Already done on Twitter - The Short Shorts Histori...
  5. Previous PT was $280. Can't Dan's got much of a tr...
[/td]
[tr][td]BlackS
[/td][td]23[/td][td]8.5[/td][td]
  1. {no text}
  2. This day in $TSLA history 4 years ago:
  3. Your mother in law has a P100DL? I guess there can...
  4. 600 mile model 3 - That is old technology and has ...
  5. Yes...they are called 'fortunate and blessed'
[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]StealthP3D
[/td][td]24[/td][td]8[/td][td]
  1. Wall Street analysts know a lot about batteries. T...
  2. The fact is, humans have a built-in tendency to di...
  3. That's a cute little EV. Hopefully they get the so...
  4. My experience has been the vast majority of people...
  5. I think you accidently posted this to the wrong we...
[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Krugerrand
[/td][td]7[/td][td]26.9[/td][td]
  1. @Words of HABIT I just got off a video chat with M...
  2. A few thoughts: 1) I just finished watching the m...
  3. Hold.
  4. I think you’re several years premature on that con...
  5. The smart money is discounting the possibility for...
[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]Artful Dodger
[/td][td]12[/td][td]15.1[/td][td]
  1. You're operating in a logistics vacuum. There is e...
  2. Lol. This is what "winning" looks like: GM to ado...
  3. Nice! Personally, my proudest achievement is that ...
  4. After-action Report: Tue, Sep 15, 2020: (Full-Day'...
  5. Well, Model X is the 'flagship' SUV, not Model Y. ...
[/td]
[/tr]

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Thanks again for doing this.

I'd like at least twice as many lines of text if not the whole post for each.

Also more than just the top 10; even the top 25 or top 50 would be a HUGE savings over having to wade through the current 200 posts I am behind by.

I'd prefer that Top Authors were by based on Helpful and Informative than by total positive votes.

Right, arguably these might better be included based on something like votes per hour, in other words, time-weighted or something.