Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimetrix wheel covers to replace Aero's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the Rimetrix orbital black one after paying the import VAT. Didn’t look bad even though I liked the aero look and look without the aero cover. Some compromise so that I don’t have to pay to repair the repeat kerb rashes!

Attachments

• 4FC87DA2-9C93-4156-973E-27CC3B4164FB.jpeg
    4FC87DA2-9C93-4156-973E-27CC3B4164FB.jpeg
    705.4 KB · Views: 482
  • BC909897-8EC9-4FC3-B091-3311A9C292FC.jpeg
    BC909897-8EC9-4FC3-B091-3311A9C292FC.jpeg
    773.4 KB · Views: 215
Finally got the Rimetrix orbital black one after paying the import VAT. Didn’t look bad even though I liked the aero look and look without the aero cover. Some compromise so that I don’t have to pay to repair the repeat kerb rashes!
But what happens when you scrape the new covers? Won’t they be more expensive to repair/replace than some touch up paint on the rim?

Reactions: hcdavis3
75 US dollars for 1.
No I am not going to replace the Rimetrix! As mentioned before this is to protect the alloys so that I can return the car without paying some exorbitant money for repair of kerb rashes. I am more prone to kerbing so it is not the case of will I? but how often and how bad the kerbing is going ot be? My kerbing history suggests a minimal spend of around 200 - so it is a matter of 20-30 quids extra with this and less of booking an appointment and doing it before handing the car to the lease company.

Bit of a stretch but wondered if anyone had pictures of the black orbital covers with red performance brakes (or red painted calipers, or red caliper covers) behind them? Can't picture them, but think they would look good and thinking about that combo on my car... so ideally with 2021 (i.e. de-chromed) midnight silver metallic car but I think those odds are probably pretty long! TIA

A good idea, thanks, but it was more to gauge how visible the brake calipers are with this particular hub cap. I don't have the covers on the car yet either tbh so no base pictures.
The brake calipers are not that visible compared to no aero look, you will see some visible red or yellow depending on the paint colors. But will that elevate the look of the car - I doubt as the Rimetrix wheel hub covers it fully! and my main purpose was to protect the alloys so that I don't spend unnecessary money to repair the kerb rashes before returning the lease car. I wouldn't go for it if I wanted to improve the look of the M3SR+

Last edited:
Not exactly loving the Aero's or the bare alloys behind them, I ordered these Rimetrix wheel covers when they were on offer on the Kickstarter site so got them at a reduced price.

My red car never looked good (dowdy) with the grey Aero's but I think silver really suits the pre facelift SR+.

They cover the alloy rims right up to the tyre so cover past kerb damage and with any luck will take the damage if wheel meets kerb in the future.

The finish is good with a deep laquer over the silver and they clip on very solidly. Just would have preferred a Tesla centre to them.

View attachment 667170View attachment 667171View attachment 667172
They really do look good. As you say the standard aero wheels are a bit dull, but did you have problems getting them delivered, I thought they were only available in the states.

They really do look good. As you say the standard aero wheels are a bit dull, but did you have problems getting them delivered, I thought they were only available in the states.

I purchased them when they were crowdfunding on Indegogo. Took ages to actually appear and even longer to be delivered but are well made and do cover the rim completely to make the wheel look a larger diameter.
They do ship to the UK.
Last week I managed (not hard) to kerb a rear one and it took it very well, but sounded awful.

Only caught the edge and looks repairable but at least the wheel rim was protected so it did its job. Very happy with them as the aero's look dowdy against a chrome and red car.
My only complaint is that the wheel centres have an R, not a Tesla logo.

They do ship to the UK.
I contacted them at the weekend as they don't currently list the UK as a destination - this was the reply I got:

Hello,
We don't ship directly abroad but you can use a parcel forwarder like myus.com.
Hope this helps

I've seen reports from people who have had them fitted for a while that they are scratching up the rim underneath, which is not great if you are fitting them to protect your wheels.

I see they now sell sicky protector strips to solve the scratching problem, so looks to have been a known issue. But... They don't look to be anything special, so I guess any foam backed sticky strips will probably work.

Sadly they still have a pause on UK shipping.

I recently bought a set and used the myus.com service as they definitely don't ship to the UK - quite simple and they arrived safe and sound in a fairly quick timescale. Just waiting for a car to fit them to but that arrives 2 weeks tomorrow.

Reactions: Irata
I recently bought a set and used the myus.com service as they definitely don't ship to the UK - quite simple and they arrived safe and sound in a fairly quick timescale. Just waiting for a car to fit them to but that arrives 2 weeks tomorrow.

Maybe I'll give it a try. I really want a set, but I've never used any of these forwarding services and a Google search didn't fill me with confidence.

Also... Did you create the "free" account? I gave it a quick try but it wanted to charge me $1 when it forced me to add a PayPal account during account creation - so I cancelled the setup. I couldn't find anywhere to explain what that was, or what I was signing up for exactly, that ambiguity and the reviews made me a bit nervous.