Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim Touch-Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took me a few days to get used to the tight turning radius of my Model 3 - and I scratched my rims on curbs during that time. Can anyone recommend a home repair kit I can use to fix the scratches? I have the standard wheels and I removed the plastic covers, so I have the dark grey rims that are underneath. Thanks.

Ha - well, I with I could say my rim rash was caused by other drivers, but .... So I'm guessing I should sand down the rash before I touch it up? Any advice on how best to do that?

Probably best - some very light sandpaper (600grit? maybe then 1000 grit?) just to smooth it out a bit, then touch it up with the pen. It's pretty easy, to be hones... and even an imperfect job will look fine from 6" away.

It took me a few days to get used to the tight turning radius of my Model 3
Unrelated but.... i feel like the Model 3 has a terrible turning radius. In my apartment's tight underground parking garage it is a PIA to get out of my spot but with random other rental cars it was pretty easy.

Also , why is there not a great color match for 19" wheels? I only ever see recommendations for the aero wheels