Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ricardo Reyes Returns to Head Tesla Communications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regardless, for what I have to do, I'm interacting with someone different every other year because they "leave" or get fired. Simple fact. However, George was from beginning to end, far above everyone else (sorry guys) just amazing to work with. And on the occasions I had to chat with him post Tesla, he's still awesome.

Constant change is the only thing you can rely on with any company. Two years with any one person is probably above average. :) Shoot, my intro to a new boss/CEO was having to tell him I was dealing with a stalker that was also threatening the company. All of a sudden, I really missed the old CEO (Awesome start, let me tell you! But we got past it.) And he lasted about a year or so, new CEO twice since then. Just the way of it. It IS difficult to deal with changing contacts, but I don't know anyone who can say that isn't the norm.

Absolutely agree George was/continues to be amazing. He's one of a kind.

Sorry, thought that was clear from my post and also doug's response to my post. Tesla (the company) is a partner of TMC (the company). (doug took issue, doesn't see TMC as a business.)

I am not sure how TM sees TMC, it might be difficult to have a partnership if there is no alignment.

As a mere investor, I am often quite concerned and disturbed that members here post all sorts of inaccurate, unverified or unverifiable assertive statements that are at times overly dramatic, half true or not true and likely damaging, possibly libelous. The rebuttal of such claims may or may not be done by some other members with the knowledge of the topic at hand. The rebuttals are random and left to chance, and often not understood or ignored by Tesla customers who might not be experts on the topic being discussed.

Elon was called a liar by some posters here and all sorts of other names (and some moderators have been called liars).

In my view, it is ok to post controversial topics for discussions and to challenge Tesla here, but it is on a different level to make unfounded assertions which are not proven or easily verifiable, if such assertions could be damaging to any third party, be it Tesla or any other business or individual.

I nominate Bonnie as his replacement. Who better to tell the Tesla story and address the communication issues?

Thank god it isn't up for a vote.

Elon would never survive my sass.

I think that's exactly what Elon needs, someone to give him sass when he's acting like an *ss. I second @Nevek's nomination of @bonnie for the job...her temperament (as shown dealing with the children here) is perfect, her attitude is perfect (especially the sass), and her zeal/zest/(dare I say, lust?) for all things Tesla makes her an ideal candidate. Elon needs a strong, smart personality to keep him in check, I think she'd be one of the few who could do it with style and grace.

'Course we'd miss her here...so on second thought, never mind.

I was told by a store manager that he never left Tesla, that he moved to engineering....who knows.

Different role---sort of a low profile 'secret' as I am told. Not in Sales or Service.

Thanks. While he never left the firm, he had left his role as head of Service and was on a sabbatical of sorts (as paraphrased by whomever it was who encountered him last Fall at the Shasta SC - and very kindly posed for a picture, no less)..

Sadly, Service has suffered since his departure, but an optimistic view is that they'll grow out of it. The challenges they face under the current structure are significant. I was surprised that the on-the-ground (local) SvC personnel get so much of the post-sales support role. Perhaps as the central tech support teams grow, local reps will be able to focus more upon car-centric details (thereby reducing mistakes in the spirit of kaizen, instead of just getting steamrolled by an ever-increasing load.

To that end, Elon's non-profit Service perspective is key, because unless you very carefully tailor a VP's bonus structure, "good enough" tends to replace "best possible".

In any role that he has accepted, in R&D or more visible, I have confidence that Reyes will excel. The above really is some of the best managerial news I've heard in awhile, and more power to him.