Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset SOC button in Service menu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was poking around on the service menu tonight. Anyone know what this is for? I couldn't find any reference to it anywhere.

1000010322.jpg

I didn't dare press it...

Probably related to 2024.8.x One time Charge Limit:

If you're planning a road trip, you can choose the One-Time Charge option.

This option appears when you increase the Charge Limit above the daily driving recommendation.
That doesn't make sense to me. Why would they bury such an option in the service menu? And the label on this button doesn't match what you describe.

Guessing here: probably tells the BMS to recalibrate based on the measured voltage of the battery pack.

Depending on battery chemistry, this may only be accurate at either high or low SOC (hence the <15% or >90% notation).

I believe the BMS does this automatically from time to time, but they also provide it as a service option.

Guessing here: probably tells the BMS to recalibrate based on the measured voltage of the battery pack.

Depending on battery chemistry, this may only be accurate at either high or low SOC (hence the <15% or >90% notation).

I believe the BMS does this automatically from time to time, but they also provide it as a service option.
I did run into some reference to BMS calibration or reset when searching this. Perhaps it's the same thing? I didn't see an option for BMS calibration but I want really looking for it when I was in the service menu. Thanks for the input. Perhaps someone will figure this out at some point...

Many of us have tried pushing it and couldn’t figure out which/where battery contactors to open to get the item to successful take action. Right now if you push it, you will get a failed message because your contactors are still closed. Since it is a BMS related, it needs a open circuit on the battery to properly measure open circuit voltage.

I think just need to open the contactor under the rear seat before running the test. I never did it.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Many of us have tried pushing it and couldn’t figure out which/where battery contactors to open to get the item to successful take action. Right now if you push it, you will get a failed message because your contactors are still closed. Since it is a BMS related, it needs a open circuit on the battery to properly measure open circuit voltage.

I think just need to open the contactor under the rear seat before running the test. I never did it.
So we are certain it's the BMS button? I just couldn't find anything on Google to even suggest this so I didn't associate the two.

On a side note, sound like there are a lot of brave souls that just like to push buttons without knowing what it does....🤣