Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommendation for AJ’s Auto Detailing, San Jose CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla may have figured out another way to keep people from leaving their cars parked after their charge is complete:
Messy, sappy, bird-inhabited trees. o_O
Complete plastic wrap (glass roof helping reduce wrap area), or at least a high quality ceramic coating, are recommended.

In the case of ceramic coating, my experience was that it allowed me to get the sap off with less potential damage to the underlying paint. However, sap is strong, so it could still allow one to over-exert to get it off, rendering the ceramic inadequate; some technique to emulsify and wipe off the sap more carefully is recommended. Ceramic makes bird droppings easy to remove. Since a medium quality 6-month lasting ceramic coating at AJ's Auto Detailing (702 Coleman Ave., San Jose, CA, (408) 947-1111 (I called and they opened today at 7:30AM)) is only $100, I recommend it (of course, it is best to apply after a full exterior detail including wax which can be ~$300; takes all day, drop off the car very early; I hear most Tesla owners use rinseless self washing solutions, which as far as I can tell, would allow you to get a less expensive waxing option from AJ's due to the lower labor to fix fewer problems. AJ's will clean up a lot of swirls, but remember, they sometimes introduce a few swirls of their own, so probably not best for a brand new car --- but do something for the brand new car right away for sure, and if I were poor and had a new car, I'd at least go to them for a ceramic day 1). I highly recommend AJ's for old cars (I've seen people almost have accidents virtually every time I left AJ's turning their head to look at my shining ancient black car after driving out of AJ's when half the time I took it in looking delapidated and the other half the time it still looked great but I wanted it better), but I have virtually no experience with them for new cars except for the time I did my basic-white Model S with ceramic and right before I sold it. AJ Professional Detailing (@ajprofessionaldetailing) • Instagram photos and videos, Home - AJ Pro Detailing, INC. (old website Home - AJ Pro Detailing, INC.). For long term ownership, plastic wrapping is less expensive and far more effective, but who can beat $100 for a quick competent ceramic coat just as a starting point while planning an expensive plastic wrap?

Last edited: