Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebooting does not work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got into my MX yesterday and noticed a small audio off icon in my dash. I ignored it for the moment but today I did a longer errand and noticed it was still there. When I got home I decided to reboot but when I tried nothing happened. Then I tried a hard reboot, again nothing happened. I turned the car off, let it sit for 20 min booted and the icon is still there and still no audio. (It isn't on mute.) It still would not reboot.

What bothers me is that the car will not reboot even though it has been off, and, I would like some audio!

Thoughts? I'm concerned that the car was turned off and the bug made it through that.

I did each of the steps separately. I did this scroll wheels, nothing, I did the tabs above them with the brake, nothing. I turned the car off then on (the car got pretty hot sitting in the sun) then back on, tried the scrollers and tabs, still nothing.

I did each of the steps separately. I did this scroll wheels, nothing, I did the tabs above them with the brake, nothing. I turned the car off then on (the car got pretty hot sitting in the sun) then back on, tried the scrollers and tabs, still nothing.
Unless you are on a legacy S/X I don't think the tabs above the wheels do anything. they use to reboot the drivers display computer on MCU1 cars where the drivers display was a separate display and computer.

I don't know what turning the car off means. Are you talking about Power Off?

Disconnecting the 12v neg is a hard reboot.

Towndrunk. When I push and hold the scroll wheels nothing happens. Scott200 I used the power off command from the touchscreen. It did power down and came back up when I hit the screen again after 4-5 minutes in a rapidly heating car.

Thanks for all of your comments and questions folks. I think I’ll have to drop by my dealer…

You have to hold the 2 buttons simultaneously for a couole of seconds to reboot. Basically just hold them in until the MCU goes completely off. Then it takes several minutes to come back.

What does the owners manual say about the light? Is it all audio sources?

the crazy thing is that I still get audio from the directional signals and the phone when I call my cell from the house phone when inside the car. I have followed the instructions in the manual for all 3 kinds of reboot the power down works but the soft and hard resets do not turn the touchscreen off the car just sitss there.