Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear right parking sensor on MX2020 - DIY repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Team,

As you can see from the photos, it looks like the rear, middle/right parking sensor on our MX 2020 presumably fell inside of the bumper. Can any Reddit users provide some guidance if this can be a DIY repair or if this needs to go into the body shop?

Many thanks for any guidance, links, videos etc in case I can do this one myself.

Thank you!!

IMG_3058.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 15
If it was working before, it sounds like all it needs is to be popped back into place, but it may need an adhesive to stay there.

What happens if you put it in reverse? Does it indicate something really close on that corner? That would indicate that sensor is still working.

If it was working before, it sounds like all it needs is to be popped back into place, but it may need an adhesive to stay there.

What happens if you put it in reverse? Does it indicate something really close on that corner? That would indicate that sensor is still working.
Sensor is definitely working as it tells me to "STOP," which is what you'd expect if the sensor fell into the bumper.

The question that I have is if it's possible for me to access the sensor behind the bumper and if so, how can I gain access to it?
I'm not sure if this is a Do It Yourself (DIY) candidate or not.

Do you have any experience in this by chance?

You may want to find the parts in the Tesla online parts catalog.

You could try removing the trim from the trunk to see if that area is visible and also crawl underneath and check there. If you can't access it, it sounds like a job for someone with the tools and experience.

TBH, if you're asking if this is a DIY job, sounds like it may not be for you. (Sorry.)