Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put in a service request day on the day I got the car and now…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day I got the car put in a service request for seatbelt fault, rear right door was rubbing on front door causing the paint to chip, and front right door was rubbing on front right quarter panel casing paint chipping issues. Service was scheduled week from when I requested and seat belt fault fixed but could not fix the door alignment / paint issues. Rep told me they tried to fix it but it would need to go to body shop and scheduled 2 weeks later. That same day the front door started rubbing worse and after further inspection the 2 bolts hold the door to the frame was never retighten causing the door to move and rub even more. I had to do my best to align the door and was able to get it good enough to not rub and then tighten bolts. Arrived 2 weeks later to drop of the car for the body shop and was actually provided a loaner X. It was at the body shop this past entire week with no information other than app stated estimated completion was this past Friday at 7 PM. I had still not heard anything by 5PM and called the body shop to request an update - they must have reached out to Tesla because I got a text 20 minutes later stating they have to order 2 new doors and it will would be a “couple” of weeks. Now I have to pay again to tint those 2 windows? Thoughts on any course of action - I am contemplating telling them to keep it and get me the next available one but I know how that will be received. What would you do?

TLDR - Car has been in service more than I have had it and they now need to replace right side doors. Issues addressed and documented day I received car through service app. What can I do? Request to provide a new car?

TLDR - Car has been in service more than I have had it and they now need to replace right side doors. Issues addressed and documented day I received car through service app. What can I do? Request to provide a new car?

You can request that but tesla is under no obligation to actually do it, unless or until you hit lemon law threshholds for your state. If it were me, I go in person to talk to the delivery team, let them know that this was pretty disappointing for a new vehicle, and ask if they can either cover the cost of re tinting those windows (which is unlikely, actually), or a "good will" type item they might be able to provide like a Wall connector.

They might be able to provide you a wall connector (as its an item, not cash) and even if you didnt actually want it, it has value and you can sell it new in the box.

You could also ask for them to replace the car, but as I said they dont have any obligation to do that. They might do it but certainly not if you go in there "demanding" it.

You might also want to report your first post and put in a request for a mod for this subforum to change the thread title to whatever it is you intended to say. I dont have mod rights in this subforum so I am not able to do it (saying that to explain why I cant do it), and mods dont necessarily read every thread, so posting "mod can you please....XXX" in this thread is not the best way to get that changed.

Reactions: Pianewman
You can request that but tesla is under no obligation to actually do it, unless or until you hit lemon law threshholds for your state. If it were me, I go in person to talk to the delivery team, let them know that this was pretty disappointing for a new vehicle, and ask if they can either cover the cost of re tinting those windows (which is unlikely, actually), or a "good will" type item they might be able to provide like a Wall connector.

They might be able to provide you a wall connector (as its an item, not cash) and even if you didnt actually want it, it has value and you can sell it new in the box.

You could also ask for them to replace the car, but as I said they dont have any obligation to do that. They might do it but certainly not if you go in there "demanding" it.

You might also want to report your first post and put in a request for a mod for this subforum to change the thread title to whatever it is you intended to say. I dont have mod rights in this subforum so I am not able to do it (saying that to explain why I cant do it), and mods dont necessarily read every thread, so posting "mod can you please....XXX" in this thread is not the best way to get that changed.
Thanks - according to my State’s Lemon Laws 30 days in a service shop is considered reasonable time to be classified as a lemon. I am already 13 days in so we shall see…

Hmm. 2 doors, same side. Body shop will paint the doors? What color is the car? It's possible that the paint won't match unless they plan on blending it into the front and rear fenders.
I don't have a good feeling about this...