Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Products that are safe for cleaning headliner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello folks,
Quick question. Does anyone have a recommendation on a product that I can use to clean the non-alacantra (standard) headliner with? I put a large coffee on the roof today, which slipped off the roof and fell into the car (OMG) and splashed everywhere, including on the headliner... :scared::crying::redface:

Need something that will take coffee stains out?

OPTIONS / SUGGESTIONS:

1) Distilled water in a spray bottle is one option - spray and dab (avoid scrubbing) with an absorbent white cloth.

2) A small handheld steamer - hot water vapor + white or light colored absorbent cloth and then dab the area once it is steamed well. Heated water vapor and a clean cloth is the best natural degreaser I've used and that leaves nothing behind once the water dries. I bought this steamer for general surface cleaning inside and outside of my 85D: Amazon.com - Vapamore MR-75 Amico Hand Held Steam Cleaner With Lifetime Warranty - Clothes Steam Generators

3) If the coffee stains are still visible after #2, a diluted Oxyclean solution (distilled water + a little Oxyclean). This should chemically bleach the brown coffee stain and then you can dab away with a clean white cloth followed by round of distilled water or steam to remove as much of the Oxyclean solution as possible.

Good luck and keep us updated.